Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

When you upgrade it is nice to leave a little 'upside buffer'.  The N200 gives him this.  If he CHOOSES to upgrade the DAC one day, at least the streamer will be ready.  And to many ears, the N200 does sound better than the N150.  So leave the man alone.  Enjoy @rvpiano!

I thought that the WiFi connection was a tick sonically below the wired connection.

I had a similar experience with my secondary system via Wi-Fi with or without the extender. The degrading is ever so slight but audible.

I have to say that the Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra connected to a Denafrips Pontus II DAC sounds surprisingly good for its price. I got it as a starting point expecting to upgrade it. I'll admit ,it looks like a toy, but I'm realizing how good it sounds in comparison to much more expensive equipment.  in last two years, I've been listening to more expensive streamer-DACs to see what spending more money can get. 

A $14.5K dCS Bartok was okay. I was QUITE surprised to come away from that listening session thinking that I liked the sound of my setup better for 1/6 of the price. A $32k dCS Rossiini was good objectively, but it didn't  capture my attention. The only thing that I found that I liked better than my current setup was the Linn Organik DAC in the Klimax network music player. I think you can get the same DAC in a $22k Selekt setup.