RSD 2021 Post Game

Now that the 2021 Record Store Days have passed, what do you think about your purchases? Which releases stand out, both musically and sonically?  Any regrets?

I woke up at the crack of dawn, drove to my local of choice, waited in line for a couple of hours and after snaking through the releases walked out with both some gems and some duds. 

Winners:  Resonance Jazz:  Two stand outs from drop #2, great sonics, subtle complex performances. Multiple listens are rewarded.  
Roy Hargrove, Mulgrew Miller ‎– In Harmony 
Charles Lloyd ‎– Manhattan Stories

Winner: Kenny Dorham ‎– Quiet Kenny (Craft Recordings). Excellent quality version of a classic lp

Winner: Grateful Dead ‎– Olympia Theatre, Paris, France (5/3/72) - What some call the best show of their best tour. Great set list, superior sonics. I've listened to all 6LPs back-to-back more than once...it pulls you in!

Dud: Bobbie Gentry ‎– Windows Of The World - As boring a record as I can remember. Like Shelby Lynne's Just A Little Lovin' was dried in the sun turning a perfect pinot noir grape into a sad flat raisin. 

Crud: Maria McKee ‎– High Dive & Live In Hamburg  - Two muddled messes. Horrible compressed crap from an artist that rarely had the recording quality that her talent deserved. These were big disappointments for me.

Mud: Aretha Franklin ‎– Oh Me Oh My: Aretha Live In Philly, 1972 - Cool time capsule buried in fuzz. The production team should be arrested.

I love and hate Record Store Days! Cheers,
Spencer

128x128sbank
Roy Hargrove/Mulgrew Miller - fantastic performance and the first LP’s sonics are far superior to the 2nd. In fact at least one track on the 2nd disc has a distracting amount of distortion. But I’m really happy to own this one as well.

Charles Lloyd - sonics are suprisingly good although the mix isn’t always balanced (understandably) with drums too up front much of the time. Love the creative play off one another as these young musicians were really refining their "voice" early in their careers. Great album.

These were my only two RSD purchases in July. Picked up Quiet Kenny in June - stellar!
Isn't anybody else here spinning Record Store Day releases from this year? Cheers,
Spencer
By the time I got there, The Who - Face Dances was the only thing that caught my attention.  Although recorded at Abbey Studios - nothing to write home about..

+1 Love/Hate Record Store Day
@sbank   

Isn't anybody else here spinning Record Store Day releases from this year? Cheers,
Spencer

They are all too busy fighting about audio gear and whose opinion is correct ;-)
John Prine "Live @ the Other End"
4 lp box. Remarkable see list and SQ.

St. Paul & the Broken Bones "Half This City, Live.
Dbl lp/highly recommend for music and performance.

Rory Gallagher "Cleveland Calling Pt. 2"
Highly enjoyable.
Post removed