Replace Parasound P6 & A21 combo with CARY Audio SI-300.2d

Looking for some advice - have a Parasound P6 / Halo A21 2 channel set up.  Paired with Focal 1028BE towers and a REL Ti9 sub.  I stream mostly Tidal with a Node 2i.
My tastes are a warmer amp / pre-amp.  I’ve never heard a Cary Audio product, learned about the company / brand on this forum.  What attracted me to the receiver / amp combo was it’s reference to trying to achieve “tune like sound” with a solid state Amp.  
I’ve gotten some advice from fellow hobbyists I trust that say the Cary will likely give me better sound, not due to the amp but the pre-amp section.  They have told me the A21 is bullet proof and hits way above its price point, I should look at a different pre-amp and keep the A21.  

Anyone have experience with Cary Audio or this particular unit?  
mm1tt77
I haven't heard any Cary gear, though it is very attractive.

I've owned a very similar set up to yours though.  P7/A23 with Focal Profiles.

Here's what I suggest from where you are:

1. Toe your speakers out so they don't cross at your head.
2. Invest in room acoustics first.  Talk to GIK
3. Look at mid-range Wireworld speaker cables. They'll add warmth, and imagine at the expense of top level detail.

Best,

E
Thanks for the feedback - I’ll try playing around with speaker placement. 
I’ll also give the cables a look. 
erik + 1
ALSO, hopefully you are connecting the amp/pre via XLRs, that will help a lot. I also recommend WireWorld. Their Series 8 is killer, but you can score some awesome Series 7 which people have been selling due to moving up to Series 8
hth
I’m using the XLR connectors - Audioquest Yukon’s for the cables.  
I did toe the Speakers outward, it opened up the mid’s and cooled the highs a bit.

i hit up GIK’s site - filled out the form on room treatment, we’ll see what they recommend.

Thanks for the feedback!