Raysonic CD228

Has anyone heard the new Raysonic CD228?
128x128talk2me
Nope, but according to S.Monte of QFS and owner of NAT distribiution it is the best Raysonic yet......I mean it has to be - it is twice as expencive as their recently released top dog.
I will surely have a listen in the very near future. It is said that it is build to make the statment in the high end CDP market.....we will see...........
http://www.raysonicaudio.com/cdplayer/cd228.htm

I think its funny how they call the seperate power supply a "Fission Power Source"! Hmm a nuclear-powered CD Player! LOL
Owning a 168 with cryoed NOS tubes, Morrow MAP 2 power cord 168 resting on Herbies Isocup/balls which are sitting on a combination of 2 large ERAudio Harmonizer boards as a sandwhich using Machina Dynamica Promethean Springs, AND , and playing it through the XLR outputs direct to my active XO, it would be hard to imagine they could advance the sonics much ;)

Things I would like to see one additional input, and polarity control on the remote. OTher than that, I can't imagine it being "THAT" much better
Paul, I disagree, his 168 will be better than ever once he starts using that new hair dryer for $230 that will demagnetize his disc collection!
I have the Raysonic CD228, bought as a demo from a dealer. 1st week the CD228 stopped reading CD's and malfunctioned. Sent it in to the dealer to be fixed. Shipped back to me and a loose screw was found rattling inside the CD player when I opened the shipping box and pulled out the CD228, you could hear it rattling around.. Put it in service and its still playing...Good thing I have warranty..
The service Directly from Raysonic is non existant..weeks went by after sending an email and voicemail directly to Raysonic before I got as reply.A few emails back and forth,requesting info, then nothing. Sure glad the dealer handled the repair as if left to Raysonic its a coin toss whether you actually get service.
That said...the sound is amazing, definately brought my system to the next level. Service from Raysonic...ZERO.For me to be a satisfied customer Steven Leung could send me a brand new unit and take his defective unit back.
Funny, I have read several complaints about service when it comes to Raysonic. Also heard they have a new distributor for North America. I wonder if this is a brand that can compete against the likes of Rega, Linn, Simaudio ect. for reliability. They look very stylish, but its whats under the hood that counts.
I had a 168, it sounded almost too smooth. I ditched it 2 years ago as I didn't like the sound on rock cd's. It seemed to suck the dynamics out of the music. I have since moved on to Esoteric players and with my recently bought UX-3, couldn't be happier. I am sure I will receive a lot of flack for saying this, but the lack of support from the factory makes me to never audition one of their players again. IMHO it's a poor mans Ayon.
Based on my experience with their past distributor, getting a new one was the best thing that could have happened to them. Long story - I won't bore you, but I wouldn't buy anything from that last guy again.
I have an Exposure 2010S and I am extremely happy with it. I got it on discount as it was the dealers demo. The 3010S is even better. I would buy from this company again. Made in UK. Esoteric is world class, I know it well.
More to discover