Owners of Gryphon amp; show up: Diablo 300, Diablo 333 and essence stereo amplifier

It will bet interesting as the reviews come in on how people compare Essence separates, Essence amp with a different pre, the 333, and the 300. I currently own the Diablo 300 with Magico s3 mk2 + Luxman DX-10 sacd . No matter how much I read a few rare reviews on the new 333, no one dares to compare it directly to the Diablo 300 and even less to the Essence stereo amplifier ? Although I am completely satisfied with the 300 the upgraditis is still present!!! I understand that you may had the 300, 333 and the Essence ? My main  question is  the difference between the 300 and the 333 greater than if we compare the Diablo 333 with the amp/preamp Essence model ? I don't think I'm heading towards separate items anyway and also would the Essence have enough headroom to drive my speakers in a 23 X 23 listening room ? My dealer Bliss Acoustic Claims that the price difference is not worth the $10K between the 300 and the 333? We know that at this level you have to put a lot of $$$ to hear a slight difference.... My wiring looks like this ; 2 power cord DRAGON, Nordost Valhalla V2 (speakers cables, forget the crap people say about these cables), XLR SILTECH QUEEN 1.5 M. between Luxman and Gryphon.

So thank you for taking the time to read me and maybe give a wise opinion.
Warm regards Claude 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xroccl007

roccl007

Sell your d10x and purchase a Diablo 300 dac module instead...

To my ears the Gryphon dac is a HUGE step up to/for the already superb sounding 300!

I don’t know how it bettered my d10x but... wow!!!

If the 333 was just a little bit better than the 300, then Gryphon would have named it the 303 not the 333.  

Your dealer is incorrect; the 333 is a totally different amp to the Diablo.

@roccl007 

I was able to demo a Diablo 300 versus Essence. The source was a DCS Bartok (this drove the Essence and there was no preamp). The Diablo was substantially better in the bass. The Essence was more refined in the midrange and highs. I enjoyed the presentation of the Diablo better (I like bass). Although the Essence is quite powerful, I think it may struggle with a difficult load. I would wait a couple of years until some 333s come on the used market or they come out with a vaccine for upgraditis! smiley