Opinions on the current market

I’ve been reading extensively, trying to narrow down the best option for a tube pre to add to my system. The nature of the hobby is such that I expect to try a few different options, so I’m curious about people’s opinions on the market right now. Figuring I’ll have to resell whatever i try, I’d like to ‘buy right’ now. I’m not by nature an equipment flipper, but there are just too many possible options to expect to get it right first time. Anyone else looking at prices now, with informed opinions of whether the market is good or not for a buyer?
english210
Andreas Capellanus and Hole.  Little-known bunch of troubadours who made a few great albums.
To the OPs original point, I would suggest used McIntosh equipment holds is value.  I have a C220 pre amp I bought 12 years ago that I could sell for more than what I paid.  I know there are many views of McIntosh, but they hold there better than virtually all used gear, without question.
@Ihasaguy I’ve noticed that, but for some reason I’ve never been interested in Mac. I have a dealer close, and aside from their setup that used the OMG Sonus Fabers in a huge room with the biggest amps, a system that cost more than my house, I’ve not been impressed. It doesn’t draw me in. Your point is well taken on their ability to hold value, though!