NAD C316BEE V2/Subwoofer dilemma…

I thought I had my bases covered, pre-purchase-research-wise, but I’m being told by the mail order outlet where I bought my NAD C316BEE V2/Klipsch RP 600M combo that adding a sub is a no go…”You might be able to wire up something in parallel but the output would never be satisfactory.”  I was looking to add an SVS SB-1000 pro active sub (with speaker level inputs).

Can anyone more knowledgeable than I confirm whether or not this is the case?  At this point I’m not sure if the tech person I’m talking to at the mail order house is the real deal or some high school age Christmastime help…

Thanks in advance.

lg1

That’s what I was thinking (that the speaker level inputs on the SVS would make everything a simple matter)…..The monkey-wrench-in-the-gearbox (or not??) seems to be related to the NAD’s lack of any pre-outs coupled with having only connections for one pair of speakers.  I don’t know if there’s a workaround…

The high impedance of the subs internal amplifier allows for use of the NAD speaker outputs for the sub as well as for the main speakers.

Post removed 

Thanks!!

The “how to connect” info on speaker level inputs in the sub manual should’ve been a research item of mine early on and It’s answered every question I’ve had here!

Post removed 

Sounds like the person at the "mail order" outlet you bought this from is not all that knowledgeable.  With that NAD amp which has an internal, common ground it is just fine to connect these amps via speaker level inputs. 

For others who might read this thread, you do need to exhibit some caution as some dual mono designs and obviously mono blocks can be an issue.  You don't want to create a common ground in the sub between two amps.  This will negatively impact your day and at best, you will be searching for fuses.