Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

Jafant I am choosing stereo rehab here in Chicago. This was recommended by TVAD. They will assessed the player in front of me.Thats how they do it.

When I visited Stereo Rehab with my brother, who needed some service on his late 1980s Panasonic turntable, Kaspar spent 45 minutes with us explaining the table and showing us in detail what he thought would fix the problem. He was completely forthright and told us his full service on the table would probably cost more than the table was worth (~$200), and he showed us what to do! All for no charge.

Just remarkable service.

Wait until you sit in his mood-lit waiting/delivery room surrounded by dozens of glowing Fisher receivers (his favorite).

Kaspar has a very dry sense of humor.

jayctoy,

Here is something else that you can do before you take your player in that will only take you one minute and is not technical or difficult. It would be good if you could check the hours of use on each laser. 

1. Enter aging mode as described yesterday - Open, Stop, and On simulataneously.

2. Once in aging mode, do 5 right clicks on the remote until the display reads TB1.

3. Press Play on the remote and read and copy the hours. The display will read whatever number of hours followed by "hrs".

4. Right click once more and the display will read TB2.

5. Press Play on the remote and again, read and copy the number.

6. TB1 is the cd laser and TB2 is the sacd laser.

7. Turn the player OFF, and that gets you out of "aging mode".

I would be most interested in how many hours you have on your sacd laser. I do this check on the first of every month since I found out how to do it. It is just for reference, but interesting. I have had my player a few months longer than you have had yours. I have well over 2000 hours on each laser at present, just checked 2 days ago.

When you take your player in, whoever works on it should do these two checks before starting. Or at least I would think that would happen. It is a quick check and tells a lot.

Steve

Sharri Iam waiting from stereo rehab to response from my email. They prefer email per the telephone response instructions. Yea if they can do it. I will ask you to forward the service manual to them.. Thanks again