Magnepan LRS+ which amps do you use ? * 100 watts or less **

I have a pair coming in this week and wondering if any folks are having good results with 100watt or less amps 

i have a Rogue  Cronos mag that's about 100 watts , also an Exsposure 2510 that's about 110 into 4 ohms 

do you really need hundreds of watts to enjoy these speakers ?

mfm22

Funny, when I spoke to I believe it was Erik from Magnepan regarding suitable amps for Magnepan he told me you won’t be able to drive Magnepans with a 30 watt Pass Labs.

Magnepan (Erik I believe) told me a few years ago that they like to see 350/wpc with the LRS+ ...but that my amp which does 150/8 ohms ands 250watts/4 ohms would be fine in my small room...I ended up using a Belles Aria 75/125 watts and it sounded great...

I was using my Sanders Magtech on the LRS+ for 6-months and loved it. That amp has 500 watts at 8 and 900 at 4. I had a first-world complaint about my CODA #16 on my Livingroom system, so I went ahead and put the 150-watt CODA #16 on the LRS+ for a trial run.

This is some serious sonic bliss with the #16 and the LRS+. It has been about 2 weeks now and I am so distracted by this combo. It is really good. So much so that I am selling the Sanders (send me DM if interested) and I am keeping the #16 on the LRS+ permanently. The #16 is 16x more expensive than the LRS+, however, I know that the LRS+ is more than capable of showing the beauty of this amp. The better the amp the better the result with the LRS+.

I am looking for a second CODA amp for my Livingroom (not the #16).

My room is small 12 x 11 x 9 (4 extra feet from a repurposed closet). More power (or current in the case of the CODA) had dramatic improvement even in a small room.

Next up, I’m going to try the AHB2… just for the heck of it… and it’s 100 watts. 

My 3rd amp is a Benchmark AHB2. It worked decently on the LRS+. It is not an ideal match for the LRS+ since there is a tinge of brightness on the LRS+. However, it is a combo that can work as long as you do not play too loud. I do think a PeachTree GAN400 will give you a bigger sound, but the AHB2 sounds better. 

In terms of preference for me on the LRS+

1. CODA #16 (by far the best on the LRS+)
  2. Sander MagTech (really good but will sell it)
  3. Benchmark AHB2 (thinking of selling, but always nice to have it around)
  4. Peachtree GAN400 (sold it 2x, great for the price)

Curious how many here use the LRS+ in primary system or secondary system...they were in secondary for me...

Mine is in my office so it gets the most play. However, my Livingroom speakers are much better. Though the LRS+ sounds better than the Livingroom system at the moment since I moved the CODA #16 to the office. To me, the LRS+ scales with quality amps.

Anyone done the crossover "upgrade" from these guys?

Magnepan LRS Plus Upgrade Kit (Pair) | GR-Research

This was recommended to me on the Head-fi forum.