Made In China

There seems to be a lot of varying opinion when it comes to China and the products that are made there. I personally know of an audio store in my home town that made the decision to no longer carry products with manufacturing ties in China. Maybe that’s why they have such a limited show room? Recently, I purchased a Cayin RU2 portable DAC and headphone dongle that‘s made in China. It’s the only audio product that I own that’s solely manufactured by a Chinese company and so far I have no complaints. Of course, my Apple products were likely made in China and I like those a lot. And if I’m correct (and I’m likely incorrect), Denafrips and Schiit Audio products are assembled in China but I’m uncertain where those companies are located. So I’m just wondering about audio products from Asia that offer high end build and sound quality. I would assume that most products from China, Korea, Japan, etc… offer a high value for the dollar? Anyway, please feel free to share your opinion and knowledge on this topic as I’m wanting to learn more about what‘s out made and engineered in that part of the world.

Thanks!

goofyfoot

"It’s about being from a communist country. We have issues supporting them."

The definition of a "communist country" is becoming a little more vague these days. Some highly educated individuals in "democratic societies" wear it as a badge of honor.

Just sayin’

You are so right...

Even an ex Chinese exile woman interviewed by Tucker Carlson from the CCP living here in the US recognized with fears the ideology of our so called "free and better society " as pure propaganda by many social aspects ... Canada under Trudeau is becoming a jail under surveillance as CCP modelled it in China right now ...

the WHO unelected privately controlled institution proposition for the censorship about any matter of Health or politics is evident proof..

it is useless to boycott a selected country agression and not all the others countries who do the same agressions in their own way..

Selected boycott is only propaganda..

truth inhabit the heart of some people around the world  not the  politics of a country presented as a model ...

"It’s about being from a communist country. We have issues supporting them."

The definition of a "communist country" is becoming a little more vague these days. Some highly educated individuals in "democratic societies" wear it as a badge of honor.

Just sayin’

There are many reasons not to buy a Chinese made product when there is a suitable alternative that’s made in a country with a similar playing field to the USA.  Where I believe many companies go wrong is they don’t consider that country of origin is important to many of us, and not supporting the Chinese economy is in all of our best interest.  Audio equipment is a source of pride for many of us, and something that connects with our soul.  B&W is an example of not understanding how many audiophiles think.  While the 805 series of speakers are made within their UK factory with pride, you only need to drop down to the 700 series to find they are made in China, and the 705’s cost a whopping $3400!   For that price there are a whole lot of other options that aren’t made in China.

As so often happens, when a business becomes too large, or is taken over by a large corporation, the location of manufacturing becomes less important for them, and it’s all about the marketing and incremental profit.  A savvy consumer, and someone who is looking for more than a brand name at a cheap price, will seek out quality, and something they can be proud of.  

This is certainly a conversation that could go on forever, and if you have time, I’d love to talk about Vice-Grip….

Yes indeed, Chinese commies are threatening the sovereignty of the world’s countries (No, there are no US bases circling China and Russia, i don't see any...I see Chinese and Russian bases all around the USA). Only Diana Krall playing @60 db for the audiobool on his fleawatt amp and 15k power cable can bring back world peace.

Political concerns aside, quality can be problematic.

I deal with them for heavy equipment and components in oil and gas production.

They will just absolutely lie about what a sub component is, with fake test results and counterfeit labels.  Things like a certain grade of steel pipe not being what they say.  Or heat and vibration resistant capacitors from Switzerland being a knock off with a fake label.

So even good faith assemblers in China get garbage passed onto them without them knowing.  They have no comprehension of intellectual property or trade names.

And it tends to get worse as you go along.  After years of things going well, suddenly garbage starts being shipped.  

Long way of saying, it can be great stuff,  but very much buyer beware.