Luxman M900U any experience ?

I would like to have feedbacks on Luxman M900U stereo or bridged .
Any owners or anyone auditioned these amps please chime in.
128x128thieliste
Over the last 20 years I have owned Bryston, Halcro dm-58’s, Linn Solos, LuxmanM800, and now the Luxman m900u.I have listened extensively to Mark Levinson and other great amps. I feel the 900u is simply one the best power amps I have ever heard. in fact the best as long as your speakers are not really power hungry. It has so much finesse, sound staging, depth and it’s top end is amazing. I loved my halcro 58’s and should never have sold them however I am so happy with the Luxman, My Linn KDSM straight into it is sublime. I use it in stereo.
Thank you.
The reviews have been great.
So you are happy with its soundstage holographic depth?
This is what I'm looking for in large orchestral passages. To get a better sense of the tapestry of sound.
Do you think you'll want to get another one eventually and bridge it?
It seems financially a great way over time to get a pair of great sounding monos rather than springing for a whopping 30k all at one.

The pervious USA Luxman distributer has a ton on Luxman gear (new and demo) on sale on A'Gon. Remember the 2017 prices for new Luxman gear are now lower than the previous years prices.

I want to second your impressions of the Luxman m900u. I have it with the matching preamplifier, C900U and I think I now get the best sound I ever heard anywhere. I used to be a tube guy and owned Jadis, Ear, and other quite good pre/power combinations, but the Luxman changed my mind about what transistors can do. I feel it's the end of the audio road for me. Highly recommended.    
Guys thanks for your feedbacks, with 90db 4 ohms speakers droping down to 2,4 ohms can i get away with 1 single M900u or should i bridge 2 of them ?I also wonder how the M900u would mate with the Nagra Classic preamp or any other very good tube preamp ?
@sandit33 Thanks for that post you made above. I heard the Luxman m900u today with the Luxman c900u and I just loved it. I am going to get the Luxman m900u amp but was wondering what preamp would work with it, other than the c900u. I want to get a preamp with a DAC and DSP so your recommendation of the Linn is a good start. I am considering the Linn Selekt DSM,

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/linn-selekt-dsm-review

and the Anthem STR preamp.
I was talking to some dealers of both luxman and other brands like pass. And I was amazed to hear people with high end pass labs trading for m900u! Some guy traded his XS300 for dual m900U and another dual X260.8s for a single m900U! Is the m900U that god like? I get system matching is a factor but still this is insanely impressive.
And I was amazed to hear people with high end pass labs trading for m900u!

That would be me all day long. Pass has a particular sound. Luxman does too. If you love Pass you’ll never trade, and vice versa.

The only thing I’m surprised by is that people are surprised some don’t like the sound of Pass. I always suggest Luxman, Pass and Ayre as being worth listening to as great counterpoints to each other. Not because I want some one to buy x brand, but because if you are an audiophile you’ll pick one of those 3 and no amount of typing will convince you otherwise. Some pick Pass, some don’t, and as I've come to realize, the type of speaker you own makes a big deal to this choice.

It’s all good.

Best,

E
Hello Guys, I recently purchased a brand new m-900u, running them with my Chord tt2 DAC/preamp at the moment. I've clocked about 300 hours on them. They sound veiled and slow. Drum snares don't have any attack or snap. Wondering if its a break-in issue or cables. Has anyone experienced this with a new unit. Any recommendations on cables.
My system;
Speakers -Tannoy Kensignton Gr
Power cord - Oyaide Tsunami
RCA - Vetere Pulse B
TWL - Speaker Cables
DAC - Chord TT2/Mscaler 
Auralic Streamer G1/ SOTM switch.

I have the TT2 but mostly used in my headphone rig and in DAC mode to send music to my Dynaudio Xeo 3 wireless speakers.You should get the C-900U, that would make a big difference.

There's nothing veiled or slow about Luxman SS amps.

You do describe a softening of the mids.  Are you coming to the Luxman from Pass or Audio Research?
erik I had a naim setup and Line Magnetic 219 tube amp. Both PRATY amplifiers.  Sold that gear to get the m-900u. Specification wise it looked like the right match for my beloved Tannoys.

The Luxman doesn't seem to have the dynamic ability and drive compared to the naim and surprisingly the lm219. They do dynamics, just a little differently.

They have a completely different presentation which I do enjoy, I was just hoping for a little more slam or jump factor. Possibly bridge that gap with it's matching preamp.

@incision If you can have the C-900U on loan that would be great before making a decision.But yes the TT2 is not up to the task to drive a M-900U, you really need to demo the matching preamp.
 M-900U Input impedance Unbalanced 51 kΩand  Balanced 34 kΩ so Chord should be able no drive it.   My guess you need two M-900U to drive the Tannoy.