KR Audio KT150

I believe these are the first aftermarket 150's but I'm not sure. Anyone know about these? All I know so far is they are very expensive. 
bajaed
The KR KT150 showed up around 2018. TubeAmpDoctor and a few others selling them. Another seller registered to a site out of Virginia, USA. About 3-4x the price of a TungSol KT150. Argh.

Lurkers tend to show interest until they realize the price and conversation tends to go dark fast. TAD claims this.., quote: "The perfect high-end alternative for the Tung-Sol KT150. Stunning definition, amazing details, cozy warmth and sweet clarity and very well balanced harmonic spectrum, even out of box !".
Yes, the same US VA 300b tube seller may be related for research purposes.

There were rumors a few years back that PSVANE was working on a KT150 alternative. Limited info. Let us know if you try a set and how they sound. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

I will NOT be trying them at over $1,000 a pair!!!

I think that’s about what 949 euros converts to?

I’m hoping someone else does a somewhat reasonably priced version that sounds good.

@tsushima1 tsushima1 Old News.... Tung Sol KT170 is the new KT king ( for now )

~15w more per tube output capability, ok. How does a KT170 sound different or better than a KT150 in your amp(s) - please share more?
@decooney

I am merely pointing out that Tung Sol have produced a newer KT series valve with a greater power handling capability than their previous ‘king of the KT’s’ their KT150....You seem a little tense over an accurate statement of fact !
Yes I am aware of the KT170. I might have posted about those a couple months ago.
Just hadn't heard about any boutique/premium KT150's before and thought I'd see if anyone knew much about them.
@tsushima1 I am merely pointing out that Tung Sol have produced a newer KT series valve with a greater power handling capability than their previous ‘king of the KT’s’ their KT150....You seem a little tense over an accurate statement of fact !

Nah, was hoping to learn more IF you had first hand experience with the KT170s you were reporting about as the new "King".  I'm not interested in more powerful tubes, only higher quality tubes with improved sound. More power capability "or the latest version" of any tube is not necessarily better, in some cases it can actually sound worse. Nothing new learned here. Looking for first hand experience by members.   

I agree...Certainly where ARC are concerned...I remember it was like extracting blood from a stone from them when the new KT150’s were hot off the Tung Sol production line...In all fairness, kudos to ARC,  they were spending the time diligently soak testing the new valve with further in test units  before they were prepared to sanction them, particularly in  units still under warranty
@tsushima1 okay, thanks for clarifying that.  I too am curious about the KT170s and future remakes of the KT150s we might see down the road.  

With my system I've had to tube roll quite a bit (25 different pairs) with my smaller input and driver tubes.  The goal has been to move the needle on sound with the KT150s to get them closer to what I liked about all of my former EL34 and KT88 tubes on other amps. I'm less into neutral sound and more in to finding that balance of tube magic and neutral, somewhere in between.   

Finding the right input tubes and interconnect cables has been an interesting venture, and [finally] now the KT150s are showing their real potential. Keeping an eye out maybe like others are, and seeing these KRKT150s shows there maybe more in the future.  To your point, have not heard the KT170s.  Will be looking for reports and chatter too. Thanks!   
@decooney

My REF250SE’s , being just lately out of factory warranty, I would have given the KT170’s a run by now,  however they are way too Portly to site in the amps close quartered B7-99 sockets
Couple notes…I am a KR dealer and recently had a customer who had an issue with a tube that was DOA.  I had them in-stock for more than a year prior to discovering the issue.  KR replaced the tube, no questions asked and at no cost to me or the customer.  I have heard about issues 10 or so years ago but KR is not an issue in terms of warranty.  Just be certain to buy through an authorized dealer.  There are people that claim to sell KR but do not and will sub in other things.  
Regarding their KT150, last I checked they hadn’t made it for a while.  I had these priced at $800 a pair but they were not a fast seller.  I have note heard them.  
I will say, the KT88s are stunningly good.  At $250 a tube, they are not inexpensive.  I have two matched quads in a pair of Art Aufio Opus 4 monos and they took what was already a great amp to a whole new level.  I have also run Tung Sol KT120s and Genalex KT88/6550s in the amp and the KRs are dramatically better.  Tighter bass.  More detail.  Better high frequency extension than either the Tung Sol or Genalex.  They are pricier but I firmly believe I am getting better sound.  
Post removed 

KRs well surpassed my previous KT88 selections.Much more convincing presentation.