Just got AQ Niagara 1200 ...

and WOW ... what an incredible difference this has made in sound quality! ... I am becoming a convert of power conditioning :)

Now I wonder if the following "upgrades" would make any further improvements:

- Power cord. Currently AQ NRG-Z3 to say AQ Thunder
- Power regenerator like PS Audio Powerplant as a Niagara replacement?

Appreciate advise.
fuzzypoodle
I’m just curious if you were upgrading from a diff power cond or was this a add-on power cond? Please share findings.
I, myself, critically tested/ compared both AQ Thunder and Tornado cords going from wall to my Richard Gray Pwr Cond and the Tornado was on a diff class, period.
The Thunder was very fine with fullness, warmth and musicality. I can be happy just with the Thunder, but the Tornado did something else that the Thunder didn’t- magical, 3D, very clean separation, fine micro details and realistic... Recommend.
Side note: I much careless or never pay enough attention for B&W, McIntosh, BOSE, and AudioQuest but, oh boy, the Tornado power cord from AQ really surprised and truly impressed me.... I prob have to look into your Niagara 1200 now
@fuzzypoodle,
Yes, moving up the AQ line offers amazing benefits.
I own the Thunder and can attest to its' positive abilities. If I had the funds, I would get the Hurricane. But, for the money, the Thunders will smoke just about anything out there.
As far as power regenerators/conditioners go, PS and AQ use different ways to supply power.
Here is a link I found a few days ago:
https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/audioquest-niagara-5000-ps-audio-p20-directstream-power-plant/
Both seem to perform admirably, though the AQ seems to give the PS a run for the money- especially as it is almost half the price. Also note how power cords affect the performance.
Bob
Been really pleased with Acoustic Revive. They were one of my best purchases, unbelievable really. 
Can't recommend a PSA regenerator in place of the Niagara. Others might disagree. Sold mine because although it had some cleanup ability I thought it sounded too "artificial" and went back to my Blue Circle conditioner.
The answer is a big YES if I were you. I've been putting gear together for years and learning as I go. I've got gear now that I love (I gone basically the tubed route) but I've also learned lately that things like power cords and interconnects can make a huge difference. And it is more expensive. But audition power cords, for instance, and take your time and compare. Half my gear I've changed over to aftermarket cables (after auditioning) and the music is quieter, blacker background, etc. Try it. Don't listen to people who say it's a waste of money. There is a difference. Just take your time and judge for yourself. I did and I'm much happier with the results.
I just replaced my Richard Gray's 400 Pro with the Niagara 1200. Stunned by the difference it made. I had the NRG-Z3 but switched to a Nordost Red Dawn. The Red Dawn is different from the NRG (to me) but not in a good or bad way really. One song sounded brighter but the other two sounded clearer. The Niagara is still breaking in so this may be a moot point for now but these tweaks do make a difference for sure.
If it were me I'd stick with the Niagara.I used to have PS Audio and it created noise issues rather than helping.
I will be downsizing my system and selling my Niagara 1000 soon, but not on this website.
Just moved from NRG-Z3 to Thunder off 1200. Listening, smiling and shaking my head! Now i'm on quality conductivity bandwagon! ... looking at Uptone Audio EtherRegen and USBRegen little boxes :) 
I started out with the Audioquest 1000. I liked it so much I sold my PS audio P10.
I eventually moved the 1000 to my home theater equipment and bought a Niagara 7000 for my Audio system.

ozzy
I like to keep my system modestly interfered with when it comes to conditioning. With my Kinki Studio EX-M1, I found that my old Blue Circle Thingee just got in the way. What really floated my boat are the High Fidelity MC-0.5 units as they are passive (not inline with the AC and the amp). 

Having said that, has anyone experienced any diminishing whatsoever of the soundstage or dynamics with the Audioquest 1200? I respect a lot of those who post here and value your ears and I'd hate to go and buy one only to be disappointed. 

That, and for about $400 more, I can get the Core Power 1800 which others whose opinion I value swear by. Saving $400 clams would be nice but, in for a penny, in for a pound, in this hobby.

All the best,
Nonoise
The Core Power 1800 does not have the dynamics that the Audioquest Niagara units provide. I sold mine.

ozzy
Thanks, @ozzy 
That's what I needed to hear. After wearing out my google search engine, every review I've read about the Niagara 1200 (and 1000) have nothing but positive things to say about it. 

Sometimes I feel like they're writing what I want to hear about it as it would apply to my system and tastes. 🤔

All the best,
Nonoise
Has anyone compared the AQ Niagara 1200 to the Shunyata PS8/Defender?  Similra price points.    
I love my Torus Power RM20 Plus! Tons of power and headroom and extremely black background.
Now I have not tried the Torus but I must say that most modern conditioners that I have owned/tried did make the music cleaner and provided that black background that we all enjoy.

But the Niagara goes a step further, the dynamics of the system seem to be like its on steroids. There really is something to the way the seemingly limitless power is available instantaneously when needed. Its not just when there are loud peaks, but during all music passages. I call it the "Boogie Factor".

ozzy
@nasaman Your experience going from Thunder to Tornado is very interesting, i would not have expected such a huge change just one level up. What power cables were you running from your power conditioner to the rest of the systems? Did you upgrade those as well to achieve the same result or was the tornado feeder cable the only one you changed?
Need help. Has anyone compared the Niagara 1200 to BPT PPC (with upgraded Oyaide R1 plugs and Bybee Quantum purifiers). I'm currently on the BPT PPC and was wondering if the Niagara 1200 will improve things or the performance would be more or less the same. 
On the other hand, has anyone tried the Furutech GTO-D2 NCF? These are the only 2 power strip/conditioners that I have in mind. My current upgraded BPT PPC is working fine but I'm just curious if the Audioquest Niagara 1200 or Furutech GTO-D2 NCF will bring more to the table. 

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.