JBL's Marketing Blunder..

This is such a bizarre JBL promo video portraying young women as ditzy airheads...certainly not the way to reach younger blood and expand the customer base.

JBL GOES MODERN!

Here's a retort from the Audioholics channel

JBL Ad portrays Gen Z women as Idiots?!

I suppose JBL will try and do just fine by selling the same things over and over to a shrinking aged male customer base. Good luck JBL!

deep_333

"As for JBL is junk"

I'll bet a lot of older content you are listening to was mixed down with 4311 control room monitors.

It's suppose to be funny. Have you spent any time with people in their 20's? Sadly, this is what they are like. They hang out in a room, all doing something on their phones, and they don't really talk to each other. They are very "whatever" 

Think JBL was trying to connect to a younger audience who is mostly happy listing to music on their phones, and BT speakers. Trying to do some education without bring boring, or preachy. Just this is the cool stuff, or whatever...

@larsman +1

the ad is not aimed at audiophiles!

@cleeds

Almost all of the Youtubers can be safely ignored.

Yup - their opinions at least. I do need them occasionally when I have to figure out how to do something.

@deep_333 - Awesome YouTube vid on vocal fry.

I actually find vocal fry somewhat of a welcome addition as a less irritating form of speech compared to upspeak that I despise.  Speaking of a disinterested form of speech.  At least they didn't use fundie baby voice.

As we know, JBL is amongst the most successful audio companies of all time both on the professional & home audio sectors. They’re smart folks who know what they’re doing & it’s nice to see them trying to turn a younger crowd onto better quality sound  than on their phone or computer. I haven’t heard the stuff they’re promoting but it probably works well & sounds pretty good for the $ & potentially nice stepping stone to the next level of equipment more often discussed here. 

As for how they depicted their target audience, it was pretty right in to what I see & hear from my employees of that age group albeit in a funny, slightly “ tongue in cheek “ fashion. Pretty well done.