I gre out of Be Tweeters

I was at a bar the other day (well probably yesterday .... hahahah)

In any event, I was discussing how much my taste in beer has changed. I started with lagers, especially Mexican brands. Then I became a Guiness snob, and then I went over to IPAs and Belgian Abbey-style ales. Now while I can tolerate a lager, I can't stand a Belgian white at all. 

What makes me think of this here is tweeters. There was a short period of time when I thought I loved Be tweeters. I've grown completely out of them. I don't particularly like the "affordable" diamond tweeters either. I'm done.

What about you? Is there a technology you liked  earlier in this hobby and now have turned completely against?
erik_squires
Anyone got extended listening experience with hard-dome horn-loaded tweeters (hdhlt)? Some Klipsch or JBL models maybe?

Characteristics across different tweeter ’types’ are on my mind as I shop new standmounts. ’Be’ tweeters are in at least a few speakers on my short list, as is one (non-Klipsch) hdhlt speaker. I mostly listen to classical at low to moderate SPL. Closest sidewall is 4-6’ from right speaker and room has no treatment (in case it matters wrt reflection).

With respect to hdhl tweeters I found this helpful: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/why-do-horn-loaded-tweeters-resolve-more-detail-than-c...
I agree that implementation, that is, how a driver is designed with a particular technology, AND the crossover's matter a great deal.

What I probably should have said is, I grew out of the sound qualities I heard from the first Be tweeters (Focals) and really from ribbons as well.

There are horrible AMTs. I like good AMTs.

Based on the specs, I think I'd probably really love to listen to the SB Acoustics Be tweeters too.

I also like some affordable ring radiators a great deal.
BE tweeters are quite bright in my opinion, much prefer a silk dome....
Beer, can't drink Molsons (I am in Canada) Coors etc....all that highly processed stuff. Buy beer  brewed by Big Rock Breweries here in Alberta....very nice ales and pilseners...

Salk uses a SB Acoustics Satori.

Only on one of the steeliest examples of recordings of massed violins did I hear some glare/shrillness.

Fritz uses Transducer Labs.

That sounded the best to me of the ones I've heard.