How Hot is Too Hot - Diablo 300 - Hell Hath Some Fury…!

So I’m following the advice of most of you guys here…and the advice from Gryphon and leaving this thing on or in standby mode only unplugging it when I go out of town.

During normal listening, it gets real hot. Too hot to keep your hands on the heat syncs for more than a five count.
One devil to another… Is that ok…?

Granted, we are in Miami and normal room temp is in the upper 70’s most of the time.

How hot does your Gryphon get…?
128x128jomonhifi
Am also in South Florida and run hot gear (First Watt M2 and tube monoblocks), but with a constant 72 degrees. I have found that low 70s vs high 70s makes a big difference in amp temps and would give Gryphon a call. You don't want to burn that puppy up.
jomonhifi

Nelson Pass says 5-6 sec for the palms on the heatsinks is perfect amount of Class-A bias, for the size of the heatsinks, means the heatsink are around 55c after 1hr at normal room temp.
That was his response to me with an email when I was biasing from memory a Threshold Statis 500 or something he designed as the emitter resistors at the bottom were impossible to measure safely so I could only go with heatsink temp.

Cheers George
I’ll bring the FW J2 into the main system once we get into cooler weather.  I do agree there is a big difference in heat from an amp low 70’s to upper 70’s.  
Post removed 
Yes that is normal and fine. Same thing happened with my Clayton Audio class A amp. Could not keep my hand on her for more than a few seconds.
A 300wpc A/B amp is going to put out some heat. It's got big heat sinks for a reason.