Elrog 300b vs we300b

I am looking for an upgrade to my elekit tu8600s. Currently have cossor black plates. I use the amp for my hd800s and zmf atticus. I am looking for more transparency, dynamics and a bigger stage. I am interested in a richer tone too so not sure which direction to go. Any thoughts?

smodtactical

@smodtactical Keep us informed as burn in continues. My Acmes now up to just over 80 hours, started blooming at around 60 hours, only getting better for last 20 hours, each listening session different and better than previous. Sound stage and imaging just amazing, and its claimed 150 hours for full burn in on Acme.

As for general burn in of tubes, interesting statement on EML website that burn in from tubes has much to do with on/off cycling. The idea that burning in tubes much like forming of capacitors, the heating and cooling stages are most responsible for burn in. Also claim, tubes should be only played at low volume at initial start and only gradually increased as listening session progresses, finally limit listening sessions to four hours. I've been following this during Acme burn in, can't hurt.

Changing out your resistors should be another worthwhile mod. My two favs are Texas Components (nude Vishay) TX2575 for clarity, resolving capability, Takman carbon film for musicality, a bit of warmth. Recently replaced six generic in my Coincident Statement pre signal path with the Takman, added just that tiny bit of warmth/more natural sound looking for. For electrolytic mods Audio Note Kaisei and Seiryu, I've done both, prefer them to Nichicon Muse, FG and Elna Silmic.

@sns Thanks will look into that. I am thinking about the caps too... either cutf or maybe something warmer like jupiters. I wish I could do copper duelands but apparently they don't fit.

The elrogs are very neutral detailed, fast, expansive. Solid tubes but i do wonder what a more romantic bloomy tube would sound like in this amp. Considering the we300b clone (linlai).

I bought a pair of the WE reissue after giving the Psvane WE replicas a shot. The replicas sound the part, meaning they sound good but the real deal is better in every aspect. The Elrog was high on my list but I think it was the mythology surrounding the WE as well as the warranty that got me. No regrets. 

@smodtactical 

The elrogs are very neutral detailed, fast, expansive. Solid tubes but i do wonder what a more romantic bloomy tube would sound like in this amp. Considering the we300b clone (linlai).

Are you still happy with your Elrogs?

Did you try the alternative 300bs you were interested in for comparison?

Charles 

Haven't heard Elrogs, but I can definitely vouch for the new WE 300B's - they took my Eddie Current Studio B to a whole new level, and they can now even drive my Susvara headphones quite respectably (they were not able to with JJ or Gold Lion 300B's). I do not regret that $$$ outlay one bit....