Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

What a nightmare. The box is trashed, and who knows what kind of shape the amp is in. 

Curious what shipper you used?

In my business and personal experience with FedEx and UPS, insurance just means they look a little harder for the lost item, then refuse to pay.  

call the police in the country its listed, this is theft and something the police should deal with E-bay has little ability to do anything but take the add down. 

I think this amp has been on eBay for a while, it seems as though I've seen this before?  Not just listed is what I'm saying. 

I can believe it never made it out of country. I knew someone, back in the day, who had an arrangement with some RoadWay truck drivers who'd stop by his house and let him peruse the contents and take what he wanted in exchange for drugs for the drivers. A truly despicable person.

I'd also alert the shipping company you used and file a claim with them from your lawyer, just to see how they react. Hope you have a happy ending to this filthy affair.

All the best,
Nonoise

First, report it stolen to the police. Provide proof of purchase with the serial number and screenshots of the eBay auction. 
Message the seller -  inform him that he has listed a stolen item and you want it back. Give him whatever you have to prove it's yours. 

If the seller won't cooperate, eBay has a special service available only to law enforcement to recover stolen merchandise. The police detective handling your case has to follow up and there is a good chance you will recover your amplifier.