Does Every Track Sound Great on Your System?

How do you know if it is the recording or your system?

By way of example with a focus on bass, for some songs I like the amount of bass, then another song I feel like it needs more bass to hit harder, and then another song I feel like there is too much bass and it is boomy. Does that ever happen to you? I feel like I am getting the treble sorted out, but going back and forth on the bass.

Can anyone listen to the first 20 second of the song Temptation by Diana Krall from the Girl In The Other Room album and let me know if there is a bass component that is a bit much? The vocals sound good so no issue there.

Thanks.

12many

😏....Has anyone done Krall with Krell? Just curious....
("....I know you love it, I see what you do...") 😇

@wsrrsw ....Guilty as regarded, yes....

...on all counts and accounts, finagled and otherwized. But....

Anyone who remembers Pogo, Churchy, and the CritterKrowd.....

....is about my age or preceding...*lol*

The main trick of Eq is to make it inobvious as possible but to make Your Local Version ’play’ as you’d hoped (or even had heard IRL) to manage.

I’ve had those ’Budget (don’t budge much) asaPractical) Blues’d for more than I’d preferred to live through...but have ’nuff for now...*S*

HO, and just ’hunch’ based....BACCH just reinforces the sweet dot into a line as of reported experience of the lucky ones @ the Really Big Shew.....Jury out to lunch over heard in a proper space v. hotel hostile hang....

...and a bigbuckbox with....real *Bang* v. "..well.....ok...." 

?....  I've got to show at a show....if only to prove what's feared. *LOL*

It’s hard to be a cynical optimist....but there you go to where you’ll be eventually...

Averting upwize, J

Again, the Loki Max is an astonishing EQ specifically designed for home audio and its remote makes it in a class by itself. Nothing like it, it works perfectly. Absolute Sound "product of the year"...blah blah...Don't expect it to work like a studio specific designed EQ as it's not supposed to, but having had mine for a while now I can attest to its ability to make sub par recordings sound far better and do it silently...a classy, great looking gizmo. Ya gotta have "chicken head" knobs to be able to see the knobulations from across the room. 

I recommend all audiophiles try both the LM and a studio piece. As I have done. I’ve tried LM, CO, Avalon, Millennia, Skyline, and soon to be Hendyamps Michelangelo. Only your ears can tell you what’s sonically best to you. But when you hear it, it will be obvious. 

@12many wrote:

Does Every Track Sound Great on Your System?

I would say most tracks are very much listenable on my setup. It wasn’t until I went fully active that resolution and transparency combined into a sonic balance of being both highly informative and holistically oriented. Tonally much is founded in the lower octaves, so getting that part right one way and the other isn’t trivial nor easy. I’m leaning towards what may be regarded as a British sensibility of "it’s all about the midrange," exemplified very well by the likes of large and active ATC monitors with their 3" superdome or large ESL speakers. Except I prefer the fullness, size of presentation and (more) natural presence of large horns. Coherency, tonality and overall balance are key traits in serving what is ultimately a very listenable experience, as I see it.