Did I do a good thing or not?

I just bought a Shure V-15 VMR cartridge, and a Jico replcement stylus from LP Gear. 

Was this a good move, or bad? Well, I guess I'll find out.

Regards,

Dan

Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan

After Saturday is when I'll know. That's when the new stylus arrives, so Saturday will be ike Christmans around here!

Give it a week or at least several hours of listening before you make a judgement. All new audio gear is a rose at first and then after long hours of listening, sometimes the bloom is lost.

Of all the MM cartridges I have, I love the SHURE V-15 VMR the best. Before becoming mostly a MC man, I got a JICO SAS stylus for it. Not sure if you can still get them, but the last time I looked they had become stupid expensive. I think JICO has some other MR upgrades available. The SAS was definitely an eye opener and I stuck with that as my number one for many years.I never heard the V-15 IV, but read that it was a little bit of a step down from the III, so I think your going to love the V-15 VMR.

Disclaimer: the first good cartridge I evet had was a V-15 III MANY years ago, so my ears may have been preconditioned.

All the best, Jim

Hell to all. Finished up the installation of the Shure V-15 Type 5 MR last night, first record was a wowser, the second even more so (Eric Burden's "Til Your River Runs Dry"). Great album, and sounded spectacular. I just sat with my mouth hanging open, in pure joy.

I've never expreienced that kind of feeling before in all the years of my much DIY system, it sounded like a million-dollar system with the new cartridge.

To say I am happy would be the understatement of the year, and Dover, you were so right about the Dynavector 501 arm would be a good match for the V-15 Type 5, another monumental understatement.

Thanks to all who care, and even to those that don't! (I love everybody this morning!

Regards,

Dan