Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

@magister Great post.  Glad you have finally see Amir clearly as the Sheldon of the audio hobby.  Just like Sheldon, Amir claims to know everything and dismisses everyone else as ignorant.  Just like Sheldon, Amir is threatened by mention of anything not in alignment with his belief system.

@kevn You nailed it.  Amir never actually engages in an honest discussion, instead replies with dismissive language, tangential topics, and long ramblings.  Anyone that wants to examine all the charts, graphs, measurements, and opinion Amir produces can find it on ASR.  Repeating all that ad nauseum here is proof positive Amir has no ability to communicate without constantly beating his chest - "Look what I did".  Repeatedly points to previous audio research or papers to support his position.  Others point to papers or subject matter experts that question Amir's orthodoxy and they are dismissed as not applicable. 

A prediction.  At some point in the near future Amir will reference this Audiogon forum thread as proof of his far reaching audience and immense influence on the audio hobby.  

@amir_asr you have said multiple times that:

Go ahead and spam this forum with sponsored links and see how long you last.

You have continually posted snippets of your reviews with direct links to your website here and even one of your own videos*! (link below for bookkeeping)

On a single page (page 18) of this discussion I counted where you have provided FOUR links to your website. A website where you ask for donations after every review. There are numerous other posts by you in this thread where you have linked to your own website but I won’t bother to count them. If you consider posting one’s reviews to ASR as "spamming with sponsored links" then you, sir, are doing the exact same thing. I don’t care if you make zero money from anything you have ever done... you are still spamming this very forum with your own reviews. Multiple times a page. Yet you talk about others spamming forums. It’s comical.

Yet, you are still here. No one has banned you or deleted those partciular posts. Nor has a moderator come in and closed the thread. But by your own implied admission above, you should have expected it to happen.

Once again, however, I am certain you will rationalize your posts as being something different. A diversion attempt, as it were. And yet another example of your extreme hypocrisy.

* https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/2582036

Wow...this forum certainly has a lot of time on hand to waste on someone whose opinion they don't care about. Have fun folks!