Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Vinpic  Thanks for your impressions of the V2 drivers. You didn’t mention soundstage or imaging which I assume meant no change but just wanted to check. 

No change, still amazing ☺️
V2 it’s a welcome evolution (no revolution).  As I write this I am listening to Grant Green’s Idle Moments masterpiece.  With the V1 the Gibson and the saxophone edged on the shiny/dominant side creating a sense of imbalance vis a vis the other instruments.  The V2 adds meat to the bones of the bass / drums / cymbals whilst making the Gibson/sax sound more truthful (at least to my ears).   The overall balance and listening pleasure goes up one to two notches depending on the piece of music.  The most impressive difference I’ve listened to date has been on Willem De Vriend’s Beethoven 7th (DSD file played off the MU1 ssd).  The V1 was a bit too bright and did not reproduce accurately the dark/grave strings base (I did know it was there by listening thru my Susvara’s). Spent months trying to tweak my system to no avail. V2 got everything in the right place without losing an inch of the Nenuphars’ mid-range magic. 

@vinpic do you have both the V1 and V2 for back and forth comparisons?  Granted there's a long lag time, an hour? needed to swap the drivers.  Or is your assessment going by audio memory?

Thanks

@vinpic

it does not lose anything (the mid-range magic is fully there), sound is thicker across the entire spectrum (more presence / more meat around all bones) which increases the sense of naturalness & flow. I did not have to tweak my system in any way (MU1-Tambaqui-Icon4se-Amp23r or SIT3, LessLoss cabling), the V2s are here to stay!

I have to say that listening assessment is quite informative. Actually more encouraging than what I inferred from Srajan Ebaen. Of course two different audio systems heard by different pair of ears. But is this not always the case when subjectivity trying to communicate to another sonic/music listening impressions?

To know that it retains the "Midrange magic" with added meat on the bone is an accomplishment. Of course depending on one’s current audio system voicing the additional meat on the bone may not be required. So as always the final judgment is individually determined by targeted sonic needs and goal.

Charles

V1 and V2 back and forth. It takes 2 people only a few minutes to change the drivers.  And yes, it’s my personal judgment 😎

Btw, when prompted, Srajan preferred the V2 (scroll down few letters till you find the one on Nenuphars V2)

https://6moons.com/lettersandfeedback/