Connection options from Node to Denafrips Iris to Pontus

What cables do you recommend to connect from a Node to a Denafrips Iris to a Denafrips Pontus?  I'll be using XLR's from the Pontus to my preamp.

128x128davegolf2424

Streamers.  A quick look online and a couple of models pop up.   Eversolo 6.  Innuos mini. Thoughts? 

I’d go Innuos assuming you mean the Pulse Mini.  It’s a new model incorporating some of their latest developments/thinking, and their app consistently gets top marks for both usability and sound.  They also offer excellent customer service if needed.  You can get a nice performance boost by adding a separate linear power supply down the road if it’s not in the budget now.  Good ones can be had for around $400 new and less used so not too bad for the performance increase you get.  That’d be a kick butt combo with your DAC and DDC.

For a good entry level streamer, that will work with your incoming Denafrips gear: Bluesound Node 130 ($499 new, $300 used), the new Node X ($750 new, $600 used), the Eversolo DMP-A6 ($850....they are in such high demand that you'll not find them used I don't think)

That's a good, better, better option list.....best will cost more.....the Pulse mini looks like a great option if the money is available

I will say that I have had the Node 130 for 2 years, and the with the Iris/Pontus II combo for just less than that. I have not once said to myself that this combo didn't sound good. I have tested (and will upgrade to) an Aurender/Innuous/Lumin at some point, but not running out the door right now to do it....but those units all sound great with the Pontus as well; and I've had 4 different units in to test.

My NODE has a USB out and I have always used it connected to my Gustard X26 PRO, now in my second system. Posters are thinking of older models which did not have it. Use it, that way the dac's clock will be used instead of the Node's which will be disabled. All other connections use the Node's, which is inferior.

vthokie83 and soix,

So for me; the real question is, does the Pulsemini deliver enough of a boost in SQ to warrant the cost?  I know it's an unaswerable question really.  Is it $1000 better than a newer node?  $500-600 better than an Eversolo?  Or any potential streamer out there.  I don't like to buy things twice, so to speak, but I don't want to spend $$$'s on equipment that doesn't give a ROI...First World problems....