Connection options from Node to Denafrips Iris to Pontus

What cables do you recommend to connect from a Node to a Denafrips Iris to a Denafrips Pontus?  I'll be using XLR's from the Pontus to my preamp.

128x128davegolf2424

Showing 15 responses by davegolf2424

I think my Node has a USB output.  I'll check when I get home.  I just checked the Bluesound website and it shows a USB out. I sure hope so!

Ok. So here we go again.  Streamers.  A quick look online and a couple of models pop up.   Eversolo 6.  Innuos mini. Thoughts?  Other choices?

The $1500 for the Innuos Pulsemini is definitely streching it to the absolute limit. But then, I don't want to regret not getting as good as possible and then wanting to upgrade later on. 

Now that I think about it...Alvin from Vinshine told me to use the USB port, so I'm hopeful.

Vthokie83,

Excellent idea.   I'll touch base with Alvin. I have a couple of photos of the connection side of the Node that may help.  It is a 2i, so that may not be good news.

On my previous thread, one of the posts stated that they use the USB from their Node to connect to a DAC.  So you're saying 'there's a chance".

Are all HDMI cables able to support I2S?  I've seen on some discussions that you have to be careful of what I2S cable is used because there is no standard and some companies us different formats.  I'll definitely be checking my Node when I get home to see what gen it is.  Thanks to all for contributing to this!  I'll update when I know what gen the Node is.

vthokie83 and soix,

So for me; the real question is, does the Pulsemini deliver enough of a boost in SQ to warrant the cost?  I know it's an unaswerable question really.  Is it $1000 better than a newer node?  $500-600 better than an Eversolo?  Or any potential streamer out there.  I don't like to buy things twice, so to speak, but I don't want to spend $$$'s on equipment that doesn't give a ROI...First World problems....

Soix,

Does the Pulsemini support MQA from Tidal?  Is this a "real" consideration in your view?  Does it support Roon?  I am an absolute neophyte about Roon, so I have no idea if it's something that is worth going after.  

soix,

You've been extremely helpful.  Now all that's left is to place the order....

Thanks,

Yes the 12 hour time difference is an obstacle.  I have touched base with him on whatsapp.