Clayton Shaw Acoustic Lab's Caladan open-baffle speaker ($3295/pair).

On the CAF this speakers was big success , sold huge amount pair, if anybody this forum guys got opportunity listen this one ?

128x128bache

Must be the flavour-of-the-month at stereophile.  This is about the 4th thread on this speaker.

Swoosh......

That was the sound of your comment going right over my head.

Jerry

@ozzy62  Yes i do speakers also, For me  is very intresting how  potensional customers likes is different one,  Open buffle is very popular now , and i try to understand why? To get good bass response similar to other type  a enclosure , open baffle must be huge size according to acoustic low

Post removed 
  1. @steakster ---- which can be overcome with good positioning - in a good room.-----  ,     I dont  think so,  Sound wave from front side of cone and back side  neutralize  each other , depending only of baffle and speaker cone size . For 2 12 " woofers you need baffle size to get 40 Hz -2 db  arround 8-10 ft by 8-10 ft ',  is not depending anything else .

Open buffle is very popular now , and i try to understand why?

@bache Open baffle speakers have rear firing information. If the wall behind the speaker is at least 5 feet, then the ear can use the resulting time delay as echo location information, which increases the palpability of the sound stage. If less than 5 feet, like a side wall, the information is interpreted as harshness. Open baffle has been popular for a very long time if planar loudspeakers are any indication 😉

I’ve heard Bache speakers several times- in a home and at an audio show. They sounded great both times- he puts his heart and soul into a design, and you can hear it. I have a very problematic room and use open baffle speakers because of their lesser bass interaction with my room. 
I use stereo subs to fill in the lowest octave that I crave; the controls- Q, gain, phase, crossover point, allow me to better tailor the bass to my room.