Cartridges for Grace 707

What are some readily available cartridges that will mate well with a Grace 707 tonearm? I'll be mounting the arm on a Linn LP-12.

Thanks for the info.
roblanger
A second vote for ADC XLM III, which I used with the Grace 707(mkII?)/Ariston 11e.
I don't know how the Shure sounds on the Grace, but it sounds pretty good on my Ittok/LP12 combo (even better than some HO MCs I tried). I also have a Grado 8MZ on a Grace 747/TD160S and it sounds wonderful. So much detail from a cartridge not known for it.
Dear Rob: +++++ " The Shure M97xe is a possiblity.....Ideally I'd like to find a V15. " +++++

IMHO the M97xe is a " surprising " good performer and in many ways better than the V15.VMR that's overpriced and not worth about.

The Sonus Gold Blue is a better choice ( you can find it on ebay for no more than 170.00 ) and through what I experienced with three different Sonus cartridge ( including the Dimension 5 ) it is a reliable cartridge.

The ADC ones are very good too specially the Astrion ( hard to find ) but you could find the XLM III or XLM II improved that works fine.

Now if you want something great then you could go for the original ( NOS or second hand ) MMC2 B&O cartridge, you could find it through the web.

As a fact there are plenty of very good MM cartridges, the Ortofon OM40 super is another one even the Sumiko Pearl.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
The Shure V-15 series is always a safe and high value choice.

I'd also look at the products from Soundsmith. He offers some high compliance cartridges that should work well with the Grace.
How about an Ortofon OM40 or new 2M Bronze or Black? They're all in the 22-25 compliance range. The OM series is much lighter and easier to match, at least theoretically.

Also, how about Cartridge Man MusicMaker? Recommended for medium-to-low mass arms of 13g eff. mass or less.
Hi Rob,

An ADC MKII Improved is a pretty good moving iron cartridge from the old days. An ADC Astrion would be even better with its crystal cantilever, but very scarce. Even better would be the ever-elusive ADC TRX Series, with the TRX3 being the rarest, but best.

The Sonus is also nice, but the quality was always spotty. You could get a good, or bad, one. Sometimes, you win; sometimes, you lose. That's the way it is with Sonus.

Some of the Signets aren't bad. The 5.0 line contact model is rather nice for a moving magnet.

Of course, one not to forget is the Grace F9.

// Win
The Shure M97xe is a possiblity.....Ideally I'd like to find a V15.

Which model of ADC cart?

I know some of the real hard core a-philes sniff at it, but I had a Shure M97xe on a 707/Thorens TD-160 Super and I thought it sounded a heck of a lot better than it should have for an $89 cartridge. I understand - sort of - that as a low mass arm it mates well with a high compliance cartridge, so MM might be a better way to go.