Best musical center channel under $300

I am finally getting the rust off my system, it's been sitting in the storage for years.  I am in need of a center channel to pair with my Spendor S8e and Elac 6.2.  Something clear and sonically right.  Thanks for you all help getting back in audio.    

dabarrie

Under spending on a center speaker is a fatal mistake. Stick a crowbar in your wallet and get this.  The configuration of a dedicated midrange driver beneath the tweeter brings big benefits in sound quality and dispersion.  Spend less and you’ll get a lot less.  Best of luck.

https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-center

Post removed 

From Soix suggestion, I was thinking of $2000 for the center.  But I was happy to see this was in my budget.  About 15 years SVC was primarily know for their standing sub if I recall correctly.  Appears they have come a long way.   Carl I took your suggestion and ventured on a new center.  

1st find a way to locate your center channel just below the TV/Monitor. Fairly easy if monitor is wall mounted. Mine: I built a 6" high riser to sit on my equipment cabinet below. TV on the riser, center channel below/within the riser.

2nd, match your center speaker’s sensitivity close to your FL/FR speaker’s sensitivity. You can adjust front/center volume in your AVR but avoid extremes.

3. Decently accurate frequency response, don’t ask it to produce too much bass, that helps keep it smaller.

4. Directivity and Port or NO port, I go for no port.

5a. my 1st, very nice was a small Bose VCS 10, surprisingly good, see vents at front top, position needs to allow this.

5b. now: Klipsch R-34C, very nice, no ports, very high sensitivity, not a great choice to pair with low sensitivity Front mains. Wife loves the copper drivers when grille is off.