Anyone have honest opinion of Jolida amps?

Want to join ranks of tube/hybred owners but with a modest budget. I need advice. Wondering if the Jolida integrateds are any good. Seem to be a lot for sale. Also seems many reviews at Audio Review website may have been written by dealers (pity if its true). Looking for honest opinions and suggetions for this audio novice. THANKS.
dakajoba
Owned a 2003 302B powering Meadowlark Kesrel 2s for about a year, then Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures. Then traded up to a Rogue Cronus, than to a CJ CAV50. The Jolida was OK as a entry point into tubes but if I could do it all over again I would have gone straight to CJ for the simple reason that the dynamics witht he Jolida were way too soft and laid back for my tastes. I mean tubes are somewhat polite, but the 302B was way too polite, my sense is that there was some incoherence that was the cause.
No problem Sloane and I have to agree with your assessment on higher end gear for the most part. A lot of the differences in audio is the design. You can build something with decent parts and if its implemented correctly it will sound very good . Just because it costs an arm and leg doesn't mean it will sound fantastic. A Jolida amp with better tubes does improve it quite a bit. I do have to say I had a Jolida JD-100 CDP an d for the price it sounded very good and better with NOS tubes. I replaced it with a Cary 303 CDP and liked the Cary much better. The Cary was a few hundred dollars more but Cary's are designed very well. Its also how it fits in your system and personal tastes.
I have compared Jolida 502P and 801BRC with Conrad Johnson ( classic sixty and ET3SE)  over hours and hours. I can tell you the difference is not all that much. Jolida had KT88.  In my opinion , it is excellent value for money.

I've also done in house comparisons of my 502p (factory upgraded) to other tube amps and it has won every shoot-out against some far more expensive stuff (all relative of course, and by "won" I mean it sounded as good or better to me)…it has been an amazingly great sounding thing over the 4 plus years I’ve used it. Tube rolling fun, reliable, quiet humlessness (is that a word?), and the newer version looks cool and is maybe 1400 bucks. Great stuff. After using KT120s and 150s I returned to KT88s (matched Gold Lions from thetubestore) this year and the amp really takes to those tubes.
Wolf, you are likely knowledgable regarding the Jolida factory upgrades. I was thinking of having my Fision pre upgraded. Not sure which upgrade offers best return/$$ spent. Any thoughts?