Anyone at home at Krell?

No one answers the phones, all the voice mailboxes are full, no one responds to emails. Anyone know what is going on?

hootyboo

An update on their website and phone messaging explaining the situation would go a long way.

You might never know how a private company is financed till they fill for chapter 13 or the owner passes. Krell was top banana at one time and was mine was great for Apogee low ohm ribbons. Very few amp at the time could drive my 1 ohm Sintilla Apogee speakers without blowing. Anyway, I just imagine they have financial arrangement to consider and they are not the high end amp of choice since there are so many great amps.

God Bless Rondi's and his family.     

I've been in commercial insurance for over four decades. It is surprising how many small companies have no succession/continuity plan in place. This is years ago, but we had one company lose the top three execs, all in their prime, in a plane crash. It really screwed things up for the company and their customers. No idea if that is Krell's situation but it wouldn't surprise me.

I own Krell Gear, live in CT and have dropped and picked up gear for repair / service.  They have always been a bit slow to respond, I’ve found email was the best way to get an update or response.  The last time I visited their offices / manufacturing site was likely a couple years back.  Seemed to be a very lean crew but those that were at the company seemed to be passionate about Krell and seemed to have been with the company for quite awhile.  They had a resurgence with the release of the XD amps which are fantastic in my opinion, Walter Schofield joined the management team and seems like they were making quite a comeback.  Something happened and Walter ended up leaving the company, once that happened, seemed like they lost momentum.  Krell is an Iconic Brand, hopefully they’ll carve a path forward after Rondi’s passing (RIP).  She stepped back in to save the company after Private Equity had made a mess of things.  My local HiFi shop had a lifelong Krell employee on staff, from what he shared, Rondi stepped back in out of a passion, loyalty to the employee’s.  It will be really sad for the HiFi community if Krell fades away, was such a huge brand in the space back in the day.