Aftermarket fuse to tame a bright system?

Been reading all the interesting posts here, I've recently switched over to Audioquest silver interconnects and speaker cables, the improvement is easy to hear over OCC copper - lower noise floor, more clarity, greater transient snap, larger soundstage etc.... BUT.

I would say my system still has body, but the top end is now bright/harsh.  Could an aftermarket fuse tame this, so that I can still retain the clarity and other benefits of silver? I'm concerned that this potential solution may make my system more dynamic, and potentially give it a U or V shape sound profile - which is definitely what I don't want.

gavin1977

I recently replaced iso devices under my kit, including speakers with Vera-Fi Very Black Holes, but start with your source where I had big improvements

They also have lots of cool accessories and kit

If that does work (it should- BIG TIME) you can cut felt and surround tweeters

Got to be careful with so-called "silver" cables. Most of them are silver plated over copper or worse tin plated over copper. Pure silver cables are very expensive and take forever to break-in. But once they do there is nothing bright or harsh about them. 

Ahem...changing the toe-in (or lack thereof) of your speakers can greatly impact treble. Give it a try before lightening the wallet with multi-colored unidirectional fuses.

I definitely agree that you need to get them fully broken in before concluding there is a problem. Several hundred hours. I would only start getting concerned after a couple hundred hours.

What are your components? If they are budget oriented components then they may require warm interconnects… like Cardas to keep the system balanced.