A nightmare regarding streaming?

Greetings,

Many of us stream daily and have many cherished playlists. I happen to use Qobuz and have lost more than one playlist. No clue as to why. Qobuz has no idea either.  Perhaps something in the cloud? Is it possible to back up all your playlists just in case there is a meltdown?

lovehifi22

I never lost my playlists or favorites on my Aurender….here is why another reason to invest in a high quality player that offers a robust proprietary user interface app. Unfortunately, Qobuz is not known for its outstanding customer service. 

baylinor I use the same game plan with Qobuz as my main portal. So far I haven't lost any favorite lists. I recently upgraded to the Eversolo DMP-A8 and was happy to see my favorites list still intact. One thing I avoid as much as possible concerning my digital music collection is using the cloud in any fashion, precisely  to prevent the problem experienced by the OP. 

That’s disturbing. I have spent hours putting together playlists for the winery I work with, several lists 10 hours long so the staff doesn’t get tired of the same songs. We use Tidal /Mac Mini and Meyer Sound.

I can’t imagine coming home had finding my LPs and CDs gone!!

Eddie

Never lost a playlist, but have had music disappear, the service stops streaming that artist. 

For me, if it something that I really like, or is important, I buy it.

What bugs me with streaming is that they are always changing something. Tidal has some stuff going on, they are changing all their services, getting rid of all MQA, removing the app from Samsung. On Spotify, playing anything on random, just cycles your favorite songs, it's not random at all. It's good when you are in the mood, but sucks to find new music. 

I've been in the process of moving from Amazon to Quboz due to BluOs having issues with Amazon search. I used Soundiz to transfer playlists successfully. Then within a week several disappeared. I eventually heard back from Quboz and they said they could not restore them but I could retransfer them. I did and then others disappeared. I still have Amazon so I can xfer again, but I'm thinking about whether to make the move to Quboz or wait for Bluesound to get their act together. Or maybe maintain a Soundiz account but I don't like paying for something to fix something else I'm paying for.