Would you still pay $10k or more for a turntable not full analog front end these days ?

Or you would rather pay that for a streamer ?

inna

@inna my turntable is 42 years old and was pro-consumer state of the art when I bought it. I have about 10,000 Records I might buy a second turntable but first I’m buying a new tube amplifier and a new phon0 pre but neither of them will cost $10,000. With $10,000 you should buy land cause they don’t make it anymore.

Buying land with $10k may be a good idea but how much of it could I get and where ?

I never go cheap, I always jump not make one or two small steps up. This includes NOS tubes. I can't afford the very best but I try to go reasonably high.

The OP's question conflates two issues that must be separated.

Firstly, is it worth spending that kind of money on a hifi source component? If your answer to this question is "no", then you need go no further.

Secondly, is there some extra benefit to be gained from vinyl over other formats? Having tried to live without a turntable for nearly five years, I have found that it does give something more. For whatever reason, I find it generally a more enjoyable listen, particularly over extended periods of time and mastering notwithstanding.

That's all that matters to me. All the technical and ideological discussios so far are irrelevant. 

​​​​​

Vinyl. But you don’t need a $10k rig. That’s simply unnecessary!

So is a Porsche.