Would silver cables beat UP-OCC copper?

All things considered, which is the better choice for best sound, silver (for example, Siltech) or UP-OCC copper, such as Furutech or Neotech? Thanks.
dave_72
I use Connex brand solid silver IC cables from Parts Connexion with either eichman or Neutrik silver connectors.

Never wanted to change.
Yes, I have heard it all. Siver cables are about conductivity. We ARE NOT  talking about silver plated cables! If your system is good, your cables designed well they will always sound better than copper! Why do people paymore for OCC cables? BETTER CONDUCTIVITY!  Also silver has the advantage of not only being a better condutor than copper or gold, its oxidation is still highly conductive. Copper not so much. Connections. Conductivity will be better with equivalent design. I prefer silver soldered connections with silver or copper. I seal connections with liquid electrical tape on all. I seal mechanical connections as well. Oxidation is not your friend. It is all about the connections.  What do you think? I have little experience with silver coated. So far ehhh...
I'll chime in here.  Silver vs OCC Copper. is definitely a comparison, but more important is solid-core vs stranded wiring.  Solid core designs have all been superior in my testing.

As far as Silver vs OCC, it really depends on system synergy.  I used to run silver a lot a long time ago, but have since evolved away from silver.  Silver would be good if you have an incredibly warm and textured system and you need an element to compensate for a system that is too slow/warm/mushy.  However, there is a fine line where silver becomes a little too sterile.  Too much silver and the upper mids will start to shout and the sound becomes artificial. 

I just recently built and compared two AES/EBU digital cables.  Both with same Neotech gold-plated XLR connectors, braided silver-plated copper shielding.  One used 21awg OCC solid core silver, the other using 21awg OCC solid-core copper.  The silver cable came out being extremely and extraordinarily clean sounding.  However, after about 10-15 minutes of listening I came to the conclusion that it was just a very tiny bit sterile sounding in my system and did not have the texture and engagement that I wanted.  The copper, on the other hand, was very warm and textured and engaging, but did not quite have the snap and attack in the upper mids/highs. 

The OCC copper cable with Oyaide Focus 1 XLR connectors (rhodium plating over silver plating over phospher bronze) was a LOT snappier and cleaner sounding than the OCC copper with gold-plated XLR.  However, the silver plating could be a little too bright edged in the highs on some systems.

So, it really depends.
@dave_72 RE:...
Would silver cables beat UP-OCC copper?
The answer is
- it depends on the silver wire you are using and
- the resolution of your system

For example - I have used Mundorf Solid Silver with 1% gold inside cotton sleeve in my IC’s and changed to Neotech UP-OCC copper because I found it offered superior dynamics, details and imaging. It was so good that I have not considered changing it

However - you can also get UP-OCC silver, which I believe many people prefer to UP-OCC copper for it’s improved resolution capabilities

This is where the resolution of your system may be a factor - if your components cannot resolve to the same level as UP-OCC Silver then you may hear very little improvement.

Personally, I am more on the budget conscious side of this hobby, so I stopped at the UP-OCC Copper because it was so good, but others have tried UP-OCC Silver and prefer it.

Connectors can make a significant difference - I’ve found KLE Innovations Absolute Harmony to be the best to date

Insulation is another factor - insulation with a low dielectric Constant for best clarity and details - e.g.
  1. - bare wire inside a Teflon tube is exceptional
  2. - bare wire inside Cotton is next
  3. - VH Audio UP-OCC Copper or Silver with Airlok insulation is one of the best insulated wires I have used
  4. - Neotech UP-OCC copper or silver with Teflon Insulation

And definitely solid wire (as opposed to stranded wire)

Unfortunately some of the above are not an option if you are buying ready made commercially available products.

That’s why I make my own :-)

Hope that helps - Steve