Would McIntosh Auto Transformers affect speaker sound?

I have a question about McIntosh and its auto transformers. The auto transformers allow the wattage to be the same on all ohms. However, you have to pick which ohm to run on the amp to the speaker.

Since a speaker can be dynamic in ohms (dip between 8 ohms and 4 ohms typically), does this mean the McIntosh will not correctly match the dynamic range change? Would it cause the speaker not to give the same soundstage or holographic sound that a traditional amp would give? 

dman777

I have the 1.25kw and also the 462. They will give you all the clarity and dynamics you will ever want plus way more.

I have an mc312 running Sabrinas and chose the 4 ohm taps. I'm sure many other amps sound good too. No regrets or complaints. Happy listening 🎶.

Speakers don't stay at a fixed ohm read the reviews they differ depending on frequency some or the reviews say some speakers dip down to one ohm .so you need an amp that can handle that and not overheat and damage the amp.mcintosh gives that option to match the impedance but it's not good to hook a 8 ohm manufactured amp rating to a 2 ohm speaker load.the reviews are clear on this.thats why different amps match certain speakers.i have read several reviews that suggested playing with the taps at different speakers to find what sounds best.it would be nice to have a brick and motor store that would let you try different combinations and find the one you like.we are all different in the sounds we like.im happy with my mc 1.25 kw but also the michi m8 and parasound halo musical fidelity m8 and even the carver 760 mono sounds good on some speakers.enjoy the music.you can't get around ohms law.