Why isn't better quality used gear being made available?

I've been scanning used gear for a while trying to look for an amplifier and a line stage pre-amplifier. To me it seems like quality higher end gear being made available is Limited.  Maybe it's a good thing that all this quality gear I'm looking for doesn't want to be sold .

I have never been able to find used cables that are what I'm looking for from transparent, cardas, ect,  or other worthwhile brands in the mid to upper price ranges. I guess people keep their old used cables in a box and don't even bother selling them . Maybe it follows that Quality used components sit on a shelf in someone's basement not being sold. It's tough giving up quality audio components even if you don't plan to use them and maybe keeping them around as back up or for a third listening room that never happens.

emergingsoul

@mlsstl 

Yes, he stirs the pot by pretending to be clueless or naive about his chosen subject. That's his method.

Do you use eBay?

If so, it's easy to save a search for an item or a brand name and eBay will notify you whenever such an item gets posted.

Obviously not the place to expect a deal on a 40,000 dollar component... but a great way to automate fishing for nice used gear.

It all comes down to how badly you want something specific, and what sort of energy you're willing to expend.

Some years ago, I wanted to buy a particular used Norwegian machine
It took just over a year with 3 search bots combing the net to find one, fortunately in great shape at a reasonable price at a Boston Habitat.

I consider myself lucky; it was nearly pristine for something 2+ decades old, due to apparent unuse. 🤷‍♂️

'Specific audio' may require the same sort of search, and the wherewithal to recognize and respond quickly...;)

OP…. especially relative to transparent you missed a great tip from @ghdprentice seek out Echo Audio in Portland and in particular tell them what you seek….