Which stereo amp to try under $30k

Having just made several upgrades to my system, it's now time for the amp. Given the number of amps in the 15-30k range, I'm guessing many of you have experiences with them. To get started, I'll tell you my (1) my guidance (2) my current list of options (3) My current setup. Looking forward to getting more options on my list, as I'd like to pull the trigger in about 2 months and need to start listening.

My Guidance
- Under $30k
- I need to be able to hear the amp before purchase, preferably at a local shop (SF Bay Area)
- New or used ok
- Large sound stage
- Bass
- More Bass... all the bass
- Very much prefer stereo to fit in my rack. I have small children and not enough room for monos.
- Prefer not tubes (already have a tube line stage - too hot for small children and don't fit in rack)
- I'm ok with a colored sound. Prefer musicality and realism over "accuracy" or "neutrality"
- Needs an absolute minimum of 150W based on how loud I listen
- 15/20A or something I can plug into a regular wall outlet

My Current List of options
- Luxman M900u (current top of list)
- Ayre VX-R Twenty
- Pass Labs XA160.8 (doesn't meet all of my guidance)
- Boulder 2160 (a little above budget)
- Audio Research 160S (doesn't meet all of my guidance)

My Current Setup
- AMG Viella Turbo Turntable w/ Koetsu Onyx Platinum Cartridge
- Boulder 508 Phono Stage
- Mytek Manhattan II DAC (next upgrade after the amp - maybe a dCS Bartok?)
- Audio Research Reference 6 line stage
- McIntosh MC452 power amplifier
- B&W 802D3 speakers
- AudioQuest and Nordost cabling or a Symposium Osiris rack

What I listen to: Anything from the 60s on vinyl, some things from the 70s on vinyl. A lot of large orchestral and jazz, also a fair amount of pop, from any decade, on vinyl and digital. Thanks for reading my long post! I'll keep this thread updated with amps I hear. Lots of great shops in the area. My two favorites are The Analog Room in Campbell and Music Lovers Audio in Oakland and SF.
Ag insider logo xs@2xmayoradamwest
And I forgot to mention turbochargers are “ consumables “... ask me how I know this....
I suspect the Lyra is closer to $3 per LP but the point is valid. No turbo in the RS. 520 naturally aspirated horses that rev to 9000. I do plan on trying the Ayre as well. From what I read, the Boulder 2160 might be tough to beat. That said, I don’t think it meets one of the major requirements. I just happened to look at the dimensions. It’s freaking gigantic. No way that thing is fitting in a rack. 
I need to hop on-board with Tom_Hankins here. I recently replaced my pair of ARC 750SE's (70k) with a pair of Audionet MAX's (30.5k). System is ARC REF 10 pre/REF 3 Phono, YG Sonja 2.2 speaks, MBL N31 cdp, TW Raven 3 table/Raven arm, Air Tight Opus tied up with Shunyata PC's and Crystal Clear IC's.
Amazing how the MAX's teamed up with the REF 10 (also occasionally swap out with a VTL 7.5 v3 pre with same results). Brought the entire system into focus with insane transparency and detail!! Initial reaction was a shortfall in bass/mid-bass, but after extended listening the entire rig is simply more clearly balanced in every way. Tighter, cleaner bass without a ton of "wooliness" from the massive tube amps.Once again, proves the point of system synergy vs. MSRP.
Best of Luck and Listening!
mayoradamwest, have you ever tried DAC (either integrated, or dedicated with software attenuation) direct to amp(s)? 

It's right around a $30K question. 

It's also a pertinent question considering the vast influence of system build out on sound.   

(Forgive my impertinence in not reading all posts; this may have been addressed earlier) 
 @jackaro  that’s a really great data point, thanks. I was eyeing a used set of 750 SE I had seen for a great price but I had this feeling in a back to back test, SS would really crush the tubes on clarity. It seems like I probably made the right choice with the tube preamp. Will definitely look in to the options you mentioned. Thanks!