Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Got these in this week so far,

Laura Veirs "Carbon Glacier"  1st time on vinyl
eels "Earth to Dora"
Steven R. Smith "A Sketchbook of Endings"

Yes indeed, that is the same Alpine car audio company.  I worked as a sales rep for 5 years with a rep company that our biggest earning line was Alpine.  From there I went to work directly for Alpine and climbed the corporate management ladder.  It's a truly wonderful company that takes very good care of the employees.  The big bucks is the OEM accounts but I worked in Aftermarket, which is the product you guys are familiar with.  Much more fun that engaging with car manufacturers for the OEM business.  A $2.4B global company and about $840M in North America. As you can imagine, I have had some truly great car audio systems over the years.  Even better, I was able to use my Promotional Account to place great demo systems in my sales reps vehicles as well as my own.  Oh boy, a grand Alpine system for free!!!

OK, on to my play list for the evening.  End of the day, time to play.
This is my 5000th post! Glad to be doing it in the best thread on A-goN.........

For my happy 5000th benchmark I decided to play one of my favorite albums, by one of my favorite artists.......

Without further ado, I present......

Elvis Costello - "All This Useless Beauty" - M.O.V. 180 gram audiophile pressing
Thanks Brian!

For post 5001.......

Counting Crows - "August and Everything After" - 2017 DGC 2-LP reissue
@reubent Great to hear from you & Good on you.  +1 on the Elvis Costello. King of America in my inbox.

————————-

Drive By Truckers
A Blessing and a Curse

Martinu - String Quartets 4&6. Panocha Quartet. Supraphon, Czech repressing 1988
@spiritofradio  Thanks, good to be here and good to be listening to some music again, on something other than my IEMs and my phone.

Love "King of America" - in my top 5 EC records for sure.......

“And yes, there’s somethin' 

you can send back to me

Spanish boots 

of Spanish leather”

Tristan Perich
Drift Multiply

This is audio cool and astonishing.  Just 50 violins and a bank of electronics.  As if murmuration has been set to music.  Elemental.  Transcendent. Not a downer like much of electronica is to me.  Gets in your brain.  Makes system sound like it never has before.  I don’t like much electronica (fake instruments) but this guy gets it.  Melodies (if you can even say it has that ) reminiscent of Camel or Focus.  But the layers of sound.  Oh my.  
Phillip Glass  
Naqoyqatsi (Soundtrack) 
Yo Yo Ma - Cello
Phillip Glass Ensemble

@slaw 

Hey Steve, I don’t have the “Lioness” album.  Is it more “Lo-Fi” style or ....?  Don’t see the box you’re referring to.  Could you give us some more info on the issue you’re listening to.  Thanks.  
@spiritofradio,

Sure James. The complete title is.....
Songs: Ohia "Love & Work /The Lioness Sessions". Secretly Canadian - SC298DLX/ 2000-2018.

( Sorry for any confusion)

It’s a dbl/lp in a box w/a heart shape cut out in the front. Suppose to include a 16 page book (mine didn’t), and comes w/pictures, cards, pick etc..... On purple translucent vinyl. Got mine through Amazon.

No "Lo-Fi" here. In fact, IMO, 95% of Jason’s output I own on vinyl sounds great!
Thanks Bro.  I didn’t mean Lo-Fi in terms of SQ.  It’s the style or genre of some of his earlier stuff, which I tend to like less than his later Magnolia EC stuff. Regardless, I will check that record out.  Molina is just great in my book.  
Randall Bramblett 
Pine Needle Fire

Little Feet meet Peter Gabriel ...  maybe...
steven r. smith "A Sketchbook of Endings"

This arrived the other day unknown to me. I didn't order it, there was no notice included. I think it is a b'day gift from my brother?
@spiritofradio,

Just got the email from New West about Randall Bramlett’s latest. 
After Nov 20th, there’s a sale.....
The Chamber Music of Malcolm Arnold Vol.1 - The Nash Ensemble. Hyperion 1986 UK pressing 
Joni Mitchell - "Hejira". Amelia tends to give me tears, don't know why but I will take it. Sober or otherwise.
Antal Dorati Conducts Haydn symphonies #99 & #100 ‘military’. Philharmonia Hungarica. London Treasury Series 1977
Voodoo III, the exotic sounds of Robert Drasnin ... Baby !!

Dionysus blue pressing.
Eva Cassidy- Nightbird 

finished soldering ring terminals on bi-wire double set of Kimber TC-12.... very good sounding quasi affordable wire
@tomic601 ,

Jim, 

Have you seen/watched Danny Richey's videos (GR Research) regarding his speaker cable kits?
Thx slaw !    Back into vinyl after a decade break.   Interesting thread !!

I like it .... great suggestions