Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Greg.

I love that Helix album.
I picked it up maybe 4 weeks ago on vinyl.
Nice blast from the past.
No vinyl for me next week either, sunny Paris, Illinois.
And no it’s nothing remotely like Paris, France....lol

Found this in Goodwill about 4 days ago, looks and sounds like hardly ever played.

The River .... Bruce Springsteen.

On the 401.
Hey Guys,
Trying my best to get my head out of the fog tonight with music. One of my older brothers died very unexpectedly this week of a heart attack. He was 64 and unlike myself, lived a very straight life. My mother is in a nursing home so told her about it on Thursday & have been spending a lot of time with her. She is taking this very hard. Huge loss for the family. Everyone loved him.

Stereolab / Fab four suture
Boxer
So sorry to hear that.
Never easy.
No words can help I know.
Take it easy and take care of family.
Stay safe
@boxer12

So sorry to hear man. I lost a brother, it’s no fun, to say the least, but from personal experience, very hard for a mother.

Hang in there, and my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Boxer so very very sorry for your deep loss. My condolences and I shall pray for grace and peace for your Mom. Godspeed to the brother !!!

jim
Szell conducts Brahms - The Four Symphonies. The Cleveland Orchestra. Box set. Columbia Masterworks. Date unknown, but the 2 eyed stereo label. I’m thinking late 60’s.

Man o Man, this is one of my favorite sets, and on this new rig it is absolutely blowing me away. Incredible.
Sorry but the Nakamichi called to me.......

So much great music,so little time.

Need to retire as this work lark is getting old fast....lol
Thanks Tomic

Slaw,
That is a wonderful live recording. 

Castanets / Cathedral 

@boxer12  Sad news.  Sorry to hear it.  You have my sincere sympathy.  I hope that the comfort of family and friends will be sufficient for you and your mom through this.  
Look at Yourself ..... Uriah Heep.

In memory of Lee Kerslake who passed into the night 9/19/2020.

This is my favorite Heep album with some magical songs and some thunderous Kerslake skin beating.
July Morning is an absolute classic for an eternity.

Rip Lee Kerslake
The Modern Jazz Quartet - The Modern Jazz Quartet & Orchestra. Atlantic, reissue from 1961 original, late 60’s-early 70’s.
Hey @bkeske,

Regarding your releveling....

Sometimes, as with my Rock 7, items with springs take some settling time over days/playing time.

That's why I set up my Rock ahead of installing a cartridge. I've seen it's level change since Friday.
some music for comfort and understanding during times of grief and morning. 

Hem - “Eveningland”

Pat Metheny - “A Map of the World - Music From and Inspired by the Motion Picture”

Samuel Barber - “Adagio for Strings Op. 11”

James - mystical jazz as a new friend says - I am streaming the Charles Lloyd now and it is awesome:-) 
@slaw

Sometimes, as with my Rock 7, items with springs take some settling time over days/playing time.

That could be it too. Perhaps Jim could share his insight regarding the SOTA. I have a feeling this table sat for a bit unplayed after the previous owner purchased a Sapphire Star to replace it.

I know 5-6 grams is a lot in regards to cartridge weight, but was somewhat surprised it made that big a difference in the overall mass. But, it seems, even the little things count.

Obviously I’m a bit anal in regards to detail, it’s part of my nature, so have been scrutinizing every little detail right now, (I’m aware of), wanting to make sure everything is ‘correct’, albeit, that slight imbalance probably had no real or audible effect, as at the platter, the bubble level was fine.

Now, I’m already thinking ahead to the mono cart, which is also lighter than the Zephyr, but luckily, the Jelco came with a separate headshell ‘weight’, which I’ll probably use on that separate headshell. But won’t get too concerned if it is slightly out of balance when using it.
Level the platter and you will OK and yes springs can relax a bit after table is buttoned up for a period of time. My recent Sapphire sat in shipping box w Springs ( all new )
for over a year which is a long as SOTA advise. IF I ever make it back to Seattle I will recheck... beyond the technical genius of the housesitter ...
My middle name is (anal). I can hear when the VPI gets off level. Being it's support structure is mounted on the wall, (it is still in the Mercy of expansion/contraction) it will change slightly.......less so now with my decoupling system.
More MJQ...

The Modern Jazz Quartet - Blues At Carnegie Hall. Atlantic. Recorded live in 1966, I ‘think‘ this reissue was released in 1968 looking at the label markings.
I believe God is in the details and things do move with the seasons and the tide....

I revisited level on the Brinkmann a few months or so and surprise - slightly off... while there are adjustable feet, IMO and Helmuts’ advice is keep feet screwed in tight, so lucky for me a carbon fiber shim did trick....
Jim

I am a believer in keeping the feet tight to the tt base. Leveling should be done on the platform!
@tomic601

Glad you like the ECM Charles Lloyd. John Abercrombie is so good on that record Isn’t he, and Higgens is just, well, statuesque in the architectural marvels of vertical beats he creates. That album is enough for a lot of listens I think but I also really like the similar style record they did with Brad Mehldau right after that. I’m assuming you know that really famous record CL made with Keith Jarrett live at Monterey, 1963 or something. That was a great record but I also like the new and completely different CL playing, as you say, mystical jazz on ECM. I love that label.
I have yet to hear any Charles Lloyd I don’t enjoy immensely- including ( well especially ) with Lucinda Williams.....
All this talk about Charles Lloyd.....I have one Lloyd album (as a band leader), I purchased way ‘back in the day’ at Moles Record Exchange in Columbus, as I liked the psychedelic cover 😁. Now I have to play it.....

The Charles Lloyd Quartet - Love-In. Recorded live at the Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco. Featuring Lloyd, Keith Jarrett, Ron McClure, and Jack DeJonnette. Atlantic 1967, the summer of love....obviously. 
@tomic601 that’s right, I forgot he plays with LW, have to stream that, don’t remember ever playing it.  I am not that well versed in her stuff.  
@bkeske, 

Jarrett is really good on that record.  Just a kid really and he was already channeling the eternal flame.  

Her take on Dust ( one of her fathers famous poetic references ) has been helping for me when in mourning....
It’s what you do with Bluetooth off your phone and a little portable 90s era Bose speaker.   You know....