Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Be very interested in your thoughts on the MyMat Boxer......

BTW..

Merry Christmas everyone!

🎼🎵🎶🎷🎺🎹🎻🎸
Merry Christmas Spirit! 

Hey uber, I'm impressed so far & will give a complete report after listening with it in place for a while. Right from the start I like how it handles the top end & the detail retrieval. It also grips the album excellently which I suspect is the reason for the added punch I'm hearing & its staging ability.  

XIU XIU / Knife play
Death Vessel / Island intervals
(Note this sounds nothing like the name implies. It is more of a heavy electric folk band that seldom goes beyond mid-tempo. My kind of music LOL)
Truth and Janey  -  Live 1976

Birth Control Live

Bullet Entrance to Hell

Lucifers Friend  -  S/T
Good to hear first impressions of the mat Boxer.

And Mijo says they make no difference.
What a tool.
Sorry.....
😁😁
Oh they certainly make a difference. I have cowhide (moo mats), cork (the mat), some type of cotton fiber composite, & delrin. They all have a signature. 

Beth Gibbons / Out of season
Billy Lee Janey  -  Blues Power
Billy Lee Janey  -  Gimme some lightin
Billy Lee Janey  -  No Saints Ringin the Bells
Roxy Music / Roxy Music
I really like this band. Especially the first 2 albums when Brian Eno was with them. 
Time loves a Hero ... Little Feat.

First album that I have tried after cleaning with my all new to me US cleaning rig.

Holy moly, it is QUIET!

Very happy with results, this album was filty with a lot of fingerprints to boot.
Merry Christmas uber. That last album you listed is a TRUE classic my friend. Great music. 
Yes it is and onto another one .

Aqualung ... Jethro Tull.

Tbh this one looked like someone had used it to shovel sand with!
It ain't perfect, us cleaning can't fix scratches but it was totally unplayable previous.
It's almost a sin how some people handle vinyl. Old jazz albums seem to be the worst. 

Sallie Ford / Soul sick 
Very true Boxer.
I only bought some of the ones I did as I knew a US cleaning setup was on the way.
As long as not too badly scratched I figured dirt could be cleaned out.

Wonder what that says about the habits of jazz music fans....🤔🤔
uber, I picture tonearms with dimes, nickles, & quarters taped to the top of them

The Jazz Butcher / Fishcotheque
Boxer.
You mean your tonearms DON'T have spare change stuck to them?
Dang, I been doing it all wrong!
Farm and Sir Lord are great albums that are timeless works of art.

"spiritofradio"  Great selections
Seals & Crofts - Diamond Girl, CD-4nQuadradisc. Not exactly a fan, but I've been picking up a few of these Quadeadiscs recently, and for the most part they sound really good in two channel mode and this one is no exception. Only one dud really so far (Eagles On The Border)
Greg
That cd4 format was the reason the Shibata stylus was developed ages back.
While quad died an early death, fortunately the benefits of the Shibata ensured a long life.
It must be soft rock night at my place. Hall & Oates- Along the Red Ledge. 
Uber, I've read a lot of conflicting information about CD-4. You'll ruin the rear channel info if you use a stereo stylus, it's ok as long as you use fine line or shibata, it doesn't matter what stylus you use... confusing.  They play great with both my Denon DL-301 MK2 and my Kiseki Blue NS.
Greg
Yes a lot of misinformation out there, just about as bad as mono and stereo playback.

I do not own any quad discs so cannot comment on how well they may play on regular stylus.

If they play and sound good then surely that's all that matters.
80,s new romantic's to finish this wonderful Christmas day evening off.

True ... Spandau Ballet.
uberwaltz  Big Twist and the Mellow Fellows great stuff, saw them quite a bit back in the day. Little Feat more great stuff. What vinyl cleaning machine are you using?

On my table tonight
Sam Meyers/Anson Funderburgh - My Love Is Here to Stay
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Girls Go Wild
Big Daddy Kinsey & The Kinsey Report - Bad Situation 
Indian Head penny from 1969 cryo treated with Bazooka gum as adhesive and damper on the  headshell, any Jazz tweaked knows that.....