Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw The Abbey Road MFSL was a bust. It was listed as NM, but played like VG, lots of surface noise. It's on its way back to the seller for a refund. 
A Flock of Seagulls.

One of my West Virginia shop buys.

if this is  representative of his records I will be taking an extra suitcase next week!

However I am pretty much done posting on the Gon so take care all and Enjoy The Music one and all.

Ciao 
Uber I am in similar spot after being called  a “ douchebag” this week on an amplifier thread. For our sake here on this singular thread, I really hope you don’t leave....
best to you kind sir

jim
I thought that (this) thread was somehow, immune to the otherworld. I've survived throughout all of the crap. I guess, I hoped others would as well. Come back, brother!
@uberwaltz - What? What happened that you're going to stop posting on AgoN? Please reconsider, if only to participate on the music threads. You've been a fantastic poster IMHO and you would be greatly missed. Please hang out with us here in the music threads. It wouldn't be the same without you.....
Boz Scaggs - “Silk Degrees”

Robert Palmer - “Sneakin’ Sally Through The Alley”

Steve Winwood - “Back In The High Life”

Well, what I noticed after @uberwaltz announcement was, how many members felt they needed to respond. Why some of those members don't usually post is a question mark? I hope we can move forward in our musical fashion with those members who have now found a voice.
Kacey Musgraves "Golden Hour" 

If you've not heard it,...listen
If you've not bought it....buy
Thanks to all who appear to care but that was not my intent to see who did as I suspect Elizabeth does whenever she announces her retirement, lol.

If anybody has been watching threads in other sections bar music they can see it has truly gone to the dogs and full of ignorant and self righteous members imho.

Plus as Tomic states, direct insults hurled around makes it no fun at all.

Now obviously that does not happen in these hallowed music threads although I wonder how long before even this sanctity is violated?

Not truly sure I ever have much useful to bring to the party, do not know as much as a lot here on music and the quality of different albums etc, just know what I like and do enjoy the hunt of good vinyl and if it is cheap all the better.... lmao.

I will keep a weather eye for sure but pretty much sick of the BS perpetrated in a lot of the other forums.
@uberwaltz,

I have a lot of similar feelings and have pondered leaving more than once, yet I feel that I do have something to offer and I enjoy a feeling of community that thinks likewise. This is what keeps me going.

"Appear to care" ... I do care, brother.
@slaw I think I have 6 or 7 copies of Abandoned Luncheonette including a "hot stamper" and the MFSL, but the one I played last night is the best of the lot.  It's an Atlantic SD 19139 reissue that plays like new that I picked up for 5 bucks at the local record store.  My MFSL is in VG condition, another online disappointment that was graded much higher by the seller.
@uberwaltz I hope you stick around.  These music appreciation threads are great and help me find new things to listen to and remind me to revisit things I already own.  It's pretty easy to pick out the threads that are full of vitriol.  I just stay out of them.  
@uberwaltz  - Understood. The hardware threads, especially when the subject is DD turntables, fuses, cables or Class -D amplifiers, get really wacky. I do not understand some of the people that participate in those threads. I don't get why they are so aggressive in their opinions.

So, I simply stopped participating in those threads. I did not want to be the target of that group of people.

However, the 3-4 music threads, where I do participate, have been very enjoyable. I've learned a lot, discovered a lot of great music, get reminded of old stuff I haven't heard in years, and sometime offer up a tidbit to the folks who participate in those thread. 

You started a great thread a while back - "What are you streaming tonight?" It has over 2000 posts. You can't give up! I don't want to have the answer that question that always comes up: "What happened to the OP?".

Hope to see you in the music threads. If you are watching, at least drop us a post periodically, so we know you're still kickin'.

Good Luck Buddy. I hope you have a change of heart.....
Muddy Waters Hard Again
    I watched Down and Dirty The Johnny Winter Story on Amazon video. In the seventies I went to see Johnny play every time I could here in Texas. We did not think he would be around much longer.
The Beatles..... from above.........reminded me of what great song-writers Paul & John were.

Looking at the inner/fold..isn't that picture from the famous roof-top performance?
uber,
I enjoy reading about your latest finds & what you're listening too. You have the same high passion for music that a lot of us here do & hope you decide to stick around the music forums. Besides that, if you disappear how am I going to get your transport? :-) 

slaw,
My mistake, it's Hecla (full title "Hecla & Griper") 
Funny guy Boxer!
😂😂😂.

The main problem will be myself.

I know I will not be able to just stick to these enlightening, entertaining and illuminating music threads.
I will feel the need to participate, vociferate and postulate in threads that I have no place, desire or need to be in.

😉😉😉
Saying that....
These Keyser record store buys ( Solar Mountain Records ... For the record), are all dead quiet in surface noise or pops and clicks.
Near Mint grading imho.

At 3 for $12 and the largest collection of British 80,s music I have ever seen on vinyl I might have to spend some serious coin next week.

Think bands like ABC, A Flock of Seagulls, Depeche Mode, OMD, Talk Talk, Simple Minds, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, Gary Numan.
And on and on.

I guess the above is what this is all about.

Odd that such angst exists in other threads as surely the aim is THIS?

MUSIC to soothe the soul.

Now I am blathering........

😋😋😋