For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Moody Blues - Long Distance Voyager

My "new" Technics SL 1200 MKII is sounding really nice now. I picked up another headshell and mounted my Shure V15 Type IV with a Jico SAS stylus on it. To my surprise, it sounds better with my Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena than the Manley Chinook, possibly because I left the gain setting on high with the Chinook just to try it out. Vocals were a little hard and "bright" with the Chinook. 
So this is where everyone is hanging out tonight.....

Blood & Chocolate ... Elvis Costello.

MoFi release, stunning!
Foghat  -  1st Album

Foghat  -  Rock and Roll

Climax Blues Band  - Shine On

Climax Blues Band  -  FM Live
Stephin Merritt / Obscurities 

Thanks for the tip on "blood & chocolate" uber
 The Bears ... Rise and Shine. Adrian Belew, Rob Fetters, Bob Nyswonger and Chris Arduser
 Coming up. One Size Fits All ... Zappa. ;)
Y’all playing some diverse sets this eve

i had lounge lizards tunes at family dinner out...

big Greg - great to hear new table singing, the Nova imo is a truth teller, the Chinook excellent imparts it’s own magic and color, either is good and as you say gain matters...
I have to also admit that I often just stream a sampling of what you guys spin, in order to learn and force myself into new grooves....

dig

Allman Brothers ... The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East
 Whipping Post is all of side 4.
Capricorn 1974

@tomic601 The Nova is a great phono stage, but the Chinook has bested it with every other cartridge I've tried, so I was a little surprised. 

The Shure VI5 Type IV is a little on the "bright" side and with the gain at the high setting it accentuated it I think.  I was too lazy to open the Chinook up to lower the gain.  I have some "new" tubes coming for it from Brent Jesse that should be here today.  I may give it another try when I get those. 

I also have some capacitor plugs on the way and plan to try the Shure with a bit more capacitance to see if it tames the highs a bit.  I have some other cartridges I'll try also.
Diane Schuur - The Count Basie Orchestra - GR 1039

from 1987 digital master that at least with modern DAC and current filters sounds suprisingly good..Nice $1 bin scrounging find that appears unplayed...

fun
Rush
Caress of Steel
Anthem/Mercury/UM
Remastered by Sean MaGee at
Abby Road & Reissued in 2015

@big_greg re: your new 1200

this is from the guy I was telling you about:

johnnyb533,491 posts
11-24-2015 11:18am
The Technics brings some outstanding performance parameters at low cost, such as s/n ratio (78dB weighted) and speed accuracy (wow & flutter 0.01 to 0.025%). The shortcomings, often erroneously attributed to the direct drive mechanism, are vibration damping issues and easily and cheaply fixed.

Headshell: Get an LpGear ZuPreme headshell. You can't begin to hear what the Technics can do without upgrading the headshell to a Sumiko for ZuPreme. The ZuPreme costs a lot less and is easier for mounting cartridges. Both enable you to adjust azimuth alignment.

Mat: Get a better mat, whether a Herbie's Way Excellent or a cowhide one or whatever. With the right mat, the platter won't ring when you flick it with your fingernail. I use an Oracle Groove Isolator. Long out of production, but if you come across one, snatch it up.

Get KAB's fluid damper. Don't fill the trough more than 1/3. This settles down the tonearm and enables it to track even hideously warped records.

Record Grip: Get a low cost record grip such as the one from KAB or the Clearaudio Clever Clamp. I have an earlier version of the KAB. It lowers spindle and surface noise and makes a 70g Dynaflex LP sound almost as full-bodied as a 180-200g thick one.

Oil the motor spindle.

Get the tonearm rewired with something good. I have the M5G which comes from the factory with OFC tonearm wire so I let it be. KAB's low-friction Litz wire is crazy cheap.

Wrap the tonearm with Teflon pipe thread tape. The tonearm is a hollow aluminum arm with no damping. It rings in the upper midrange and is the source of that edgy glare. Wrap it (including the knurled collar) and that upper midrange glare disappears.

The stock feet look impressive but they suck. Unscrew 'em and place the threaded sockets on the ball bearings of Vibrapod Cones. Set the Cones on #2 Vibrapod Isolators.

If you want to lower the noise floor a bit more, set your turntable on a thick maple butcher block cutting board. Place silicon gel computer keyboard wrist pads underneath.

I have had my M5G for 8-1/2 years. I gradually added these tweaks over the first few years until I got it where I like it. I routinely visit high end shops and listen to records. Although I was impressed by the Carbon DC, esp. for the money, the high torque and higher speed accuracy of the Technics DD trumps it and the vibration control tweaks mentioned above make the Technics competitive with more expensive TTs for not a lot of tweak money. Each of the above tweaks will lower the noise floor, increase dynamics, frequency extension, and especially inner detail to compete with significantly more expensive turntables.

Many cartridges work well on the fluid-damped tonearm. I've been using an Audio Technica AT150MLX to good effect for 7-1/2 years. The wood-bodied Grados get good reviews as does the Denond DL-103, especially the Zu-103 version.

Nothing on the turntable for the next couple weeks as puff is inhaling sweet smells and unsmoggy air in the mountains of far western Saitama Prefecture Japan.  (and praying the 2 approaching typhoons miss this time)
Living off mp3 files in the good old iPod.  Can I stand the strain?
@spiritofradio Thanks for that info.  I think I've seen it somewhere else.  The table came with a nice Soundeck mat and the KAB RCA cable mod.  It came with a Zu Denon DL103.  It sounded like crap, not much treble and distorted.  I have no history on it, so it may have a bad stylus.  I replaced it with my Shure V15 Type IV with Jico SAS and it sounds much better.  I plan to give the KAB fluid damper a try and get some MNPCTECH feet.  The Shure sounds much better than the DL103 did, but it's a little bright.  I ordered some capacitor caps to see if that tames it.  I have a few record weights and clamps.  I've been using a weight.  It's sitting on a Symposium isolation platform.  I'm going to hold off on doing anything to the tonearm and just tweak it a little at a time.  I'm already pretty impressed with it and know it can get better.
Got these in today.....

allah las "LAS"
allah las "Worship the Sun"
Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter "Marble Son"
Erasure "Wonderland" thanks to @tomic601
The Pineapple Thief
Dissolution 
Kscope 2018

this is progressive heavy rock but with good vocals (no cookie monster), one of the world’s best drummers, great musicianship, great songs and fantastic sonic production.  Hard rock with air between the instruments.   Incredible to me.  Cross Plini with UFO and with Queen in as guests....maybe ....
@tomic601 

“thanks all for record rack inputs, we decided to go w Prather 2 bin model in Cherry with galvanized rod. Holds about 300 so should hold me for another year, or so......“

i thought the name of that rack sounded sort of familiar (i cant remember names very well anymore).  We have his small model (holds 40-50) in all cherry out in the living room for handy access to recent arrivals.  
I love the purpose oriented design and the unpretentious beauty of it.  
Tasteful choice sir.  

Another score today!
Working in Keyser, West Virginia, yes back-end of nowhere but.....

Downtown Keyser has a fantastic little record store at decent prices and great condition.
Bought 4 Alarm albums at $4 a pop along with some other great British 80,s rock.
Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to go back every day.......
@big_greg I was about to say the same!!! Pullman size suitcase!!!
the Chinook should ultimately beat the NOVA but very interested to hear where it goes Sonics wise...
@spiritofradio thank you sir, glad you like yours, my devious plan ( expansion) might be one of those on the wall.... hope the nape is a decent match for the Ambrosia Maple veneer on speakers...