John Simms, Piano

Saint-Saëns
Szymanowski
Bartók
Kreisler
DeFalla/Kreisler

Orion Records 1981?

Dolby System 

The Violin sounds quite good but the piano certainly does not.  Sort of strange and unfortunate to hear.  
Got a bunch of new lps in this week...…... starting out with:

Caroline Spence "Mint Condition"
The Caroline Spence lp was very warped. It’s going into the ORB and will be perfect next time I see it.

( I just now saw the irony in the above..."Mint Condition" / the lp is warped.????

Cher "3614 Jackson Highway" ROG/dbl vinyl/one lp mono
On the Cher lp…. I bought it partly because Sonny & Cher were part of my growing up and I never heard this record before. In addition, the address, is that of the famous Muscle Shoals studio. There is a lot of historical significance in that for me.

On "I Walk On Guilded Splinters"...... listening to Cher sing it, I swear she sounds quite a lot like Joan Osborne. Cher’s voice here is much deeper than the current Cher. I think I like her voice better here.

Finished side one which is in stereo. SQ = EX.
The mono lp of Cher sounds good to me through my Sussurro w/ mono switch engaged.
…………………………..
Mercury Rev  "Bobby Gentry's  The Delta Sweete Revisted"
I have been looking forward to hearing the Mercury Rev lp. Wasn't quite sure of what to expect though. The SQ = EX with major atmospherics/air.
As a piece of music/art, I'd say it has to be on a best of 2019 list.
"Mint Condition" exceeded any expectation I had. It deserves a double WOW!!. Highly Recommended!!
Dave Alvin "King of California" was up next.  Needed to be flattened so my flow is interrupted. Anyway, it is the 25th Anniversary/1st time on vinyl.
I'm sure it's gonna be great.

In the meantime, here's some great listening....
Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks  "S/T"
Got another hour of waiting on the DA so,....Kris Kristofferson "The Austin Sessions"  2016/re-mastered
Slaw

I only just saw your posts on my virtual system.

Answered best as I can my friend!
Jimi Hendrix "Rainbow Bridge …..."
………………...
@uberwaltz,

OK, I'll check it out.
Just back from a horrid week in Dallas, factory was 110 degrees on a cool day ... Which are non existent in a Dallas summer.....

Just need unwind for a couple days before heading out again to Alabama , which is likely to be even worse......

Very Best of Dave Mason.
Finally, side 1 & 2 of Dave Alvin "King of California" in a few minutes.
@jamesclarke,

Almost there...………..buddy, you timed it very close.. Glad your still listening.

@slaw - Just got in from a fishing trip to Lake St. Clair, MI. Awesome day on the water. Was the dbl WOW! for the Caroline Spence record? Never heard of her. What's the deal with this artist? I'll check it out......
Well, lp 2 of  Dave needs flattening as well...……...
……………………………...
in the meantime......
Johnathan Wilson "Rare Birds"

Post removed 
Start my day off with.

Wishbone Ash S/T.

Original Decca label.

Sweet recording.
@slaw .

You are so right!

Sat morning is all about me!

Wife at work, up at 6.45am, cup of coffee and straight to all that matters ... The music!

Second cup of coffee now and a real humdinger on the deck.

Atlanta Rhythm Section S/T.

Glorious, volume rising.🔉🔊
Mornin’ Boys.

Startin’ out mellow this fine morning:

Calexico/Iron & Wine
Years to Burn

New Issue arrived from Ambient Links this week.

Side one is really nice so far. Taking me 15 minutes to write this cause I’m listening to the sweetness.
Post removed 
+ on the Wishbone Ash, Dave Mason, Father John Misty, Hess Golden Messenger & Mercury Rev.  
@slaw 

ITTOD was issued in the beginning with about 6 different (A-F?) sleeves but all inside a relatively plain brown wrapper so you couldn’t tell which one was inside before you bought it.  The sleeves varied by a little (angle of swipe of transparency across a photo filter ) to a lot (position from which the photo was taken in a strange cluttered mythological pub).  There may be other differences known to collectors (like objects moved around or in and out of the different photos). I only have the one version.  By the way, “Fool in the Rain” is a lifelong favorite. (I live in Portland...)