What your choice speakers with spikes or speakers with a vibration isolation device?

I am in the camp of vibration isolation. I think it makes sense that the less energy transfer into the floor goes into the air. I found these really cool magnetic isolation feet that I’ve never seen before. They are very affordable, the guys are from England. Here’s a link, The company is called solid air audio.https://solidairaudio.com
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xraysmtb1

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

It depends.  
I hear speakers sounding their best when they are rigidly mounted and supported.  
I would only consider isolating the speakers from the floor if that floor were audibly excited by the speaker cabinet vibrational energy.  
My current setup is large stand mounted monitors decoupled from a high mass rigid stand that is spiked to a concrete floor through carpet.  
Bass is deep and ell defined, midrange is super clear and transparent, the floor does not audibly respond to the cabinet's vibration energy.  
If i had a wooden suspended floor I might consider isolating the stands from the floor- it might provide the best possible sound but would be a compromise compared to a more solidly mounted system on a solid floor.