What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

Box set:  Life House box set by the Who.  If you like this album, indulge! 

Single title:  I think it was Kruder & Dorfmeister's 4-disc K&D Sessions. Also up there would be Mike Ness's 2 country albums.  

The Doors Record Store Day Live  at Konserthuset Live 3 lp Set.i bought it after RSD for $103 bucks that's with shipping and tax.I couldn't wait and bought the first one I saw on ebay...I'm a Doors nut job and have at least 80 different copies of all of there albums and bootlegs  lps.I have all of there cd box sets,cds live and bootlegs.Also about 20 cassettes.....

I made a bid of $1700 on a King Solomon Hill 78-didn't win it though.  Most I actually paid was $800 for a Skip James Paramount 78.  Don't think I ever paid much more than $150 for anything on vinyl.

Beatles MOFI collection brand new when it came out 40 or so years ago for about $250. Would never sell it....Probably worth $1500-$2000 in the NM condition it is in.  My Dark Side or Set Pepper UHQRs may be worth in that range and only paid $35-40 for them when they came out. Would never sell them....

Paying for rarity is different than paying for audiophile quality. I would not pay for rarity as almost always, any excellent music is either available as a reissue or is in the works. I am sure the availability of the new Aja UHQR (which is the best sounding record I own) will make the Cisco version take a hit on the resale market for audiophiles (probably not collectors).

If you're collecting records and not playing them, you might as well collect stamps or coins... Records are made to be played and enjoyed. Just like cars.

Since someone asked, this is the original british Electric Ladyland cover: Got this image from the web and the red stripes were added for modesty, not on the original image

popsike.com - JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE ELECTRIC LADYLAND 2LP TRACK ORIGINAL 1968 VINYL NUDE UK - auction details