What the Best Dac have you heard or owned. How could you tell it was that good.

I wondered what’s the best sounding dac you have heard or owned. What did it do that the others didn’t. 

calvinj

@kairosman i can see your point. I think I got used to hearing really good high end gear. So for some a 35k dac is a no go. But I have a 90k system. I have spent years building it up to this point.  If you are musically happy it’s worth it. 

@tcutter 

Thanks. It's probably the single best value along with highest SQ addition that I have purchased for my system. A truly amazing piece.

I use the AudioQuest Cobalt Dragonfly with my laptop. It's really amazing! I'm also running an AudioQuest cable with it to the preamp.

Currently using the Benchmark DAC3HGC and the AHB2 amp driving some ATC monitors.  There were clear steps up in performance from the Parasound ZDAC, to the Project Pre-Box S2, to the Benchmark.  I really think Benchmark is on to something by using higher line levels, the SN ratio is astounding.  Depth of field, transient response, bass detail, just everything with the Benchmark is better.