What is the best amplifier pairing for Monitor Audio Bronze 500 speakers?

Hello,

I recently purchased Monitor Audio Bronze 500 speakers, and I have them paired with a Denon AVR-2700 receiver and a Project Debut Carbon EVO turntable. With my initial 50 hrs of listening so far, I don't feel that I'm reaching the full potential of these speakers. I've listened to CD's and vinyl with the speakers, and while they sound good for most music, they are often too shrill when listening to classic rock- Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti,The Who- Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy, Jefferson Airplane- Surrealistic Pillow, etc. I've listened to these same records on vinyl and Tidal-HD, and the shrillness is still present.  I've attempted to play with the treble control on my Denon receiver, but it doesn't seem to change the sound much. The Denon AVR 2700 is over 23 years old at this point, and I don't know if it has enough power to effectively push these speakers?  The Monitor Bronze 500 specs are below:

21/2-Way

Frequency Response (-6 dB)
41 – 25,000 Hz (Free field)
32 – 30,000 Hz (In room)

Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m)
90 dB

Nominal Impedance
8 ohms

Minimum Impedance
4.1 ohms

Maximum SPL
116 dBA (pair)

Power Handling (RMS)
200 W

Recommended Amplifier Requirements
60 — 200 W

Bass Alignment
Bass reflex Dual HiVe II port system

Crossover Frequency
550 Hz
2,700 Hz

Drive Unit Complement
2 x 8" C-CAM midbass driver
1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter with UD Waveguide

External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))
951 x 231 x 325 mm (377/16 x 91/8 x 1213/16")

External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
974 x 294 x 364 mm (383/8 x 119/16 x 145/16")

Weight (each)
18 kg (39 lb 11 oz)
I'm looking to spend no more than $1000 for an amplifier, and would like to still be able to run these speakers with my TV to watch movies. Please provide any recommendations that come to mind.
kevcor73
Yes, the problem in that equation is not the speakers. I just went from a Marantz AVR/Monitor Audio Silver combination, to Luxman Integrated/MA Silver and the difference is night and day. I was in a hurry to do speakers prior but am not necessarily seeing the need now. Want, yes but certainly not a need. 
Yogi- Thanks for the recommendation! Not real familiar with Yamaha's recent batch of receivers, but I had one back in the 80's. Why do you think they would be a nice fit for my Monitor Audio speakers? I would be willing to give it a shot for $800 if it was a definite step up from my current AVR. 

Russ: Thanks for the recommendation! I noticed that the Musical Fidelity amp is a bit out of my price range, though I might be able to stretch if it would make a huge difference in the sound.

mtbiker: Thanks for your input! I wondered if it was the AVR that was keeping these from reaching their potential. What is the model for the Luxman Integrated amp that you paired with your MA Silvers?  I saw one for almost $9000, but that's way too rich for my blood.
The Yamaha has all the features you need including phono section. 100 watts is fine with the 90 db sensitive MA speakers. Crutchfield has a money back return policy incase you don’t find it better the Denon AVR. It is within your budget of less than a grand!
http://www.hifi-review.net/410-yamaha-a-s701.html#:~:text=As%20an%20amplifier%2C%20the%20A%20S701%20....
Thanks for clarifying. I just checked and Crutchfield is currently out of stock, and it won't be available until 6/11. Since I would like to test a different amplifier within my trial period for returning the speakers, I don't think this option is going to work. I have been told that music should be kept separate from movies, and that AVR's use some of the power strictly for the home theater portion. What options are available for having one receiver strictly used for movies that connects to the main amp which is used primarily for music? Is something like this possible, so I could get a new amp strictly for music to use in tandem with my current AVR? FYI: This Denon AVR 2700 is about 23 years old.
Two channel audio can work great for video. I concur with Yogi that the Yamaha A-S701 would pair well for you. I own one for a secondary system with speakers having specs close to yours. The A-S801 has the same pre/amp section paired with a different DAC which provides USB input in addition to the coax and optical.
Thanks donvito! I checked this site, but their free ground shipping takes 7-14 days, and they don't guarantee that it would arrive within this period. Also, I would have to cover return shipping if I needed to return the amplifier due to not being satisfied with it. They don't specify anywhere on the site what that return cost would be for the amplifier. Crutchfield is the best way to go since they have free 2 -day shipping, and their returns under a certain weight would only be $12. Unfortunately, they don't have it available until 6/11/21.
Mesch: I have tried to watch movies with my current setup minus the center channel, and it's severely lacking in the clarity of the dialogue between actors. I have to turn it up really loud before I can understand what the actors are saying, and then when a loud noise like a gunshot or car wreck occurs, it's way too loud. I would love to be able to get an amplifier/receiver that was strictly for music, but I would never want to watch movies with the sound of just the main two speakers. Can I connect a new amplifier to my current AVR via the preout on my current AVR? Is there a reason this isn't recommended?