What High End AC Cables should Offer

90 degree plugs. 

90 Degree plugs are the answer to many problems with excessively large and heavy cables. 

Here's a 90 degree plug from Leviton as an example.  I'm not saying that you should hack your $3,000 Furutech cable, but that we should start asking manufacturers to offer 90 degree plug options.  Not only do they make it less likely to leverage a plug out of the socket (i.e. sag) but also huge space savers.   I can put my bass traps right up against one of these, no problem.  Can't do it at all with even a modest straight angle plug.

erik_squires

This is one of the main reasons I built my own cables. I use 90 degree plugs on most. I have been using those cheap ones for years and always wondered why there wasn’t a better quality 90 degree plug made.

Well, I discovered some audiophile grade ones a few months ago on Aliexpress and they are great. Good quality, larger parts and more space inside for the fat cable.

Have since replaced most of the cheap one.

wish I could post a picture, but Agon doesn’t make it easy.

I bought one of the Levitons and was a bit disappointed that the clamp isn't big enough to clamp on the insulation of a heavy cable.  How did you manage this?  

I bought a right angle plug on ebay that is indeed big enough but not a name brand, which I would pay more for.  they may be the ali express ones mentioned above.  wouldn't call them high end but they are well made.

Jerry

The ones I bought from Aliexpress is supposedly a Furutech knock of. At least it says Furutech on it, rhodium plated copper. 

They will take any size cable.  The only issue I had with them, is that the ground blade is about 1/8 inch too long,  and that makes it more difficult,  if not impossible to fully plug in to a receptacle. 

My handy moto tool took care of that on all of them.

@carlsbad2  Sorry to hear it, but I really can see why.  I mean, no where but in Audiophile land do we see such outrageous insulation used.

The place I use the Leviton however was on the end of a captive cable going to a Furman voltage regulator. Two other conditioners feed off that.

@allanblissett I try to avoid rhodium.  I find it too hard and too low conductivity to offer the best connection.  The hardness means it tends to stay slick instead of grip.