Vandersteen 2c vs Thiel CS2

About the same price but which one is a better deal? What are the cons and pros of each? Currently have an Aragon amp with an emotiva preamp with Von Schweikert VR-1 speakers. Also an mk sub. What should I buy or just keep my current bookshelf ones?
cygnusx8
@OP,
There is a video on Youtube from Vandersteen showing how to remove/replace the socks.
I am sure either Vandy or a dealer will be able to provide you with the material.
B
I think parts go thru dealers but repairs direct to Vandersteen. Who is your local dealer ?
best
jim
Vandersteen folks just replied to me. It's $48 per sock which is fine but the only accept money orders through the mail. No CC, PayPal, etc. Probably a couple of weeks at least until I get them.
Well, I can't wait to try this as I've replaced some rebuilt Kef Calindas and some Magnepans with a set of Vandersteen 2CI's and I just ordered some Thiels 2.2 in great shape or so the owner tells me.  I put the Vandersteens on feet which improved the sound pretty dramatically. I listen primarily to Classical, (opera, piano and lately more symphonic music) and more and more Jazz.  About 10% of what I listen to is classic rock.
@patresi - 

Funny - I just bought a pair of CS2.2s.  Was only able to listen briefly, but in my room/system they were very good - airy and relaxed sounding.  Need to wait for the pins and speaker cable from the prior owner; but I like what I heard so far.  That said, they won't replace my main speakers (Monitor Audio GX300s) but I'm glad I have them.  

I used to work in a store that sold Vandersteen and the store owner loved them - I've never warmed up to them.  I can hear what people talk about with them, but they leave me flat.  Go figure.