Using Smart Plugs to Turn on Subwoofers

I have a few TP Link Kasa Smart Plug HS103s lying around. I am currently running dual Rel T9x subs. The Rels only have a physical switch no remote. With my aging back, bending down to turn them on and off has been a challenge. I'm thinking about plugging each sub into a smart plug and have Alexa to turn them on and off. Anyone doing this? 

The plugs are rated Input 100-120V-60Hz 15A; Output 15A Maximum load 15A X 120V = 1800W. This should be enough power to supply the T9x. 

The other question is is it safe to turn on and off the subs without using the physical on/off switch. 
sean1216
@rocray Do most subs automatically go into sleep mode when no signal is fed? I read the REL T9x manual. There is no clear indication of that. I prefer keeping them on. 
For some reason REL only put a sleep mode on the 220V version, which explains why it’s not in your manual.  Seems pretty lame to me. 
I'm going to give smart plugs a try. I guess the power consumption is low even if there's no sleep mode.
Kind of curious why you ever turn them off.

However, you may be better served by a smart power strip.  One that knows when you turn on your main and turns on your sub with it.

I'm also a big Kasa fan for light switches. :)
They only put the sleep mode on the 220v version?  That does seem very odd.  I’ve never had one,but they always get pretty stellar reviews.  If and when I upgrade subs,it will be rel or rythmik.  If I go rel,it looks like smart plugs too. Let us know how they work.