Upgrade to McIntosh

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my hi-fi sytem.I demod MC 275 recently and loved the tuby,warm house sound of Mcintosh.

I will be pairing them with Sonus Faber Olympica 1.

I am torn between MA352 integrated and MC275+C8 separates. The latter is obviously more costly but I am willing to go for it if there are advantages.

How would the sound differ? What would be the most notable distinction between the two system in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

I ordered my McIntosh C2700 yesterday. Did I need it? Probably not but I had permission from the boss sooooo! Will just sell my C2600 at that point. 

One of the incentives the dealer offered me was full trade up value for my purchase. Said it was a mac thing. Something to look forward to 

Regarding the originator’s question about separates, I primarily use a McIntosh C2300 (the last, all-analog, tube preamp; I don’t listen to digital files, and wouldn’t want a built-in DAC if I did!), coupled to a McIntosh MC402 amplifier. Although the MC402 is a solid-state amp, it uses Autoformers whose output impedance is similar to a tube amplifier. I have this pair coupled to a pair of B&W Matrix 801 Series III loudspeakers. This combination provides tight, solid bass and warmer mids and highs, Great sound!

Previously, I used a Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center (tube preamp) with Sunfire 300 amplifier, coupled to Innersound Isis loudspeakers, so I definitely prefer the tube/solid-state combination. I still own the Sunfire tube preamp (sounds so good I couldn't get rid of it), and occasionally pair it up with various other (solid-state) amplifiers I still own to listen to for a change!

Go with separates, it gives you more flexibility and options.

I really like the DAC2 board in my C2700, I also have my TV in the same room and the ARC input is a godsent for integration of the TV into my audio system. As for if its better then the DAC1 board I cannot say but everything i read says is an upgrade.

I would not hesitate in getting a MAC per-amp with the DAC2 board if you have digital in your system. It was better then the Schiit Gumby multi bit DAC I was using prior ( $1300usd) and better then the Aurender A10 internal DAC i have now. Its quite lively sounding and has good detail and sounds like music, i found the Aurender A10's DAC to be quite dark sounding in comparison. the Schiit DAC is a great value for the money though but not quite up to the DAC 2 board specialty when taking into effect the ARC integration and inputs available. 

I owned two MC275 MkVIs bridged as monoblocks paired with MC52 pre.

Excellent in all respects; drove my vintage Infinity RS IIs no problem.

Traded them  for MC830 monoblocks for more power and to avoid the tube warmup situation.